JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I just got a lnib hk usp 40 fs and to be frank I'm overly excited I used to run glock 19 and never had any problems with ammo or up keep and was just wanting to here any advice or comments also considering upgrading to night sights and ambi controls and chroming the slide

First get some ammo and go shoot it before you start making change. I have a USP45, the chamber is a little tighter than a Glock 21 but runs factory ammo OK (will not chamber my reloads that were a little long). The changes you want are doable. A good place to get info is HK Forums HKPRO Forums. The night sights and ambi safety will be about $100 each,don't know on plating the slide.

Again shoot it before you do any modifications, after you are familiar with you may have other ideas on changes.

So I just got a lnib hk usp 40 fs and to be frank I'm overly excited I used to run glock 19 and never had any problems with ammo or up keep and was just wanting to here any advice or comments also considering upgrading to night sights and ambi controls and chroming the slide

Holy run on sentence batman! The only problem I have with my USP .45 is that it will not feed Hornady JHPs. when I chamber a round, it is slightly out of battery and the slide will not move at all. I can give it a hard tap to get it to go into battery and get the round to fire. I'm pretty sure it's the ammo as it eats up any other ammo, FMJ or JHPs.

Night sights are good for the first shot and then the muzzle flash takes most of my night vision. Kind of like how you are momentarily blinded by a camera flash, just not as bad or as long. But the first shot is the most important right.

Congratulations on your new HK, they are very nice

Yea I'm most likely going to upgrade to meprolight adjustable night sights. Went out yesterday put 50 of 165.gr UMC and 50 180.gr UMC with no problems execpt my aim my buddy went with me and he said it didn't like it he preferred his hipoint 40 over my hk .............go figure...... But I loved the way it functioned a lot better then my old glock

I'd suggest a Variant 9/10 detent plate and make a cocked and locked-no decocker pistol. Or I'd install the LEM trigger and have a nice light 4.5 constant trigger.

Yea I like having the decocker, but I have o.b.p.d which is obsessive bill payment disorder so basically I only buy stuff at the end of the month after all my bills are paid, but I'm going to order the adjustable nightsights and maybe the lem trigger kit hopefully at the end of the month. Then ill most likely hard Chrome the slide and upgrade to a dragonfire barrel, install a jet funnel anything else I might have missed

I would go with the combat competition trigger. It's a hybrid of the LEM and Match trigger kits. Best factory trigger you can get in a USP. I'd stick with the factory USP barrel. If you want it threaded, just get a factory USP tactical barrel. The Jet Funnel is OK but limits you to only using the extended mags, as the stock mags won't fit anymore. You can always use the extended mags, they just stick out a bit.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top