JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Welcome to guns. The best advice I have is to find a friend that is into guns and ask them to take you out and show you the ropes. Make sure it is someone that you trust. The first thing you should learn is gun safety. Nothing ruins fun like an accident. Other than that enjoy this new world.

My advice is to start with a small caliber long rifle. I chose a Ruger 10/22. Ammo is very cheap, the rifle is easy to find, reliable, and is unintimidating.

I mention this because when I started getting into firearms, I simply wanted a home defense shotgun. After a little research, I decided that a 22 rifle would be more appropriate because I'd actually use it and become comfortable with it. And it worked :)

Some extra advice - read a lot of the forum posts and seek out other forums as well for more information. Read and absorb, use Google to look up terms you may find that are not obvious. Ask questions. Lots of questions. The people here are good and will give you information.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top