Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

New to Firearms

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by KingOfGuns, Mar 17, 2012.

1. KingOfGuns

KingOfGuns Hillsboro, Oregon New Member

Hey everyone i'm new to firearms along with the rest of my family and want to learn evrything I can.

Have any tips or tricks for me please comment.

2. Luke2236

Luke2236 Springfield, Oregon New Member

Welcome to guns. The best advice I have is to find a friend that is into guns and ask them to take you out and show you the ropes. Make sure it is someone that you trust. The first thing you should learn is gun safety. Nothing ruins fun like an accident. Other than that enjoy this new world.

3. BANE

BANE Battle Ground WA. Well-Known Member

Welcome!

4. ablaut

ablaut Salem(ish), OR Member

My advice is to start with a small caliber long rifle. I chose a Ruger 10/22. Ammo is very cheap, the rifle is easy to find, reliable, and is unintimidating.

I mention this because when I started getting into firearms, I simply wanted a home defense shotgun. After a little research, I decided that a 22 rifle would be more appropriate because I'd actually use it and become comfortable with it. And it worked :)

5. accessbob

accessbob Molalla, OR 2A Supporter

Some extra advice - read a lot of the forum posts and seek out other forums as well for more information. Read and absorb, use Google to look up terms you may find that are not obvious. Ask questions. Lots of questions. The people here are good and will give you information.

gearhead and (deleted member) like this.
  6. oasis618

oasis618 Tacoma, Wa Active Member

Welcome to the forum! Lots of good info here.