JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Technically I've been around since January, helping the wildfire restoration along the Mckenzie. Saved up enough money to get back into my old line of work. Book and art restoration/conservation.

Really enjoying the city, a lot of culture for such a small city, beautiful places to the east and west and not too far from my hometown of Salem.

Would love to trade services for firearms/ammunition. If you have an old book that's rare or sentimental, or an antique firearm case that's falling apart, a dirty or torn painting. Feel free to PM me I'd be happy to help.

Big fan of Ruger, Glock and S&W. I like compact pistols and compact to full size revolvers but I'm not picky. Also carbines in rifle and pistol calibers. If it's a reliable or interesting firearm... I'd probably like it.

Looking forward to doing business with you all!

0F7405C3-30D2-41A8-B84A-959E828225A5.JPG 53D35444-9B5E-4F29-9A5A-48AA414A9E5A 2.JPG 29EBBE0C-4B3F-4639-BD8F-881751AA2930.JPG 53871882-0BE0-4309-AC63-0CFA27B4F872.JPG

Howdy and welcome aboard. We're up to the Emerald City from time to time for fun, meeting friends, etc. Last time we were there we really enjoyed a neat old book store before evening event. Very neat skill you have at restoring old books. I've done a bit of book mending in the old days, but nothing like that.

Anywho, welcome to NWFA. Happy reading and shooting; two things that never get old. :)

P.S. Wife just wandered into home office as I type this reply. She has an old book in bad need of restoration. I will PM you. Cheers.

Howdy and welcome aboard. We're up to the Emerald City from time to time for fun, meeting friends, etc. Last time we were there we really enjoyed a neat old book store before evening event. Very neat skill you have at restoring old books. I've done a bit of book mending in the old days, but nothing like that.

Anywho, welcome to NWFA. Happy reading and shooting; two things that never get old. :)

P.S. Wife just wandered into home office as I type this reply. She has an old book in bad need of restoration. I will PM you. Cheers.
Fantastic! I was pleasantly suprised to see how many family owned book stores are here, a lot of them have been around for decades. Seems so far a great place to open up shop. The owner of Tsunami Books is great he let me browse his rare and old books. Such a great collection. Looking forward to seeing what she's got I'd be happy to help.

I just discovered this website a few hours ago, after the decline of armslist I've been bouncing around pawnshops looking for deals. It's so cool to find a community like this, exactly what I've been looking for!

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Once we're able to start using the public lands again, check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

[Edit- We are doing non ODFW supported cleanups at public forests] - check the North Fork Wolf Creek Road thread in resources.

Until then check out Trash No Land.

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Once we're able to start using the public lands again, check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

[Edit- We are doing non ODFW supported cleanups at public forests] - check the North Fork Wolf Creek Road thread in resources.

Until then check out Trash No Land.

It really is a cool forum.

I'll check that out. I've been guilty of that when I first started before I knew any better. Now I'm making multiple passes. I'll start picking up other people's brass, I didn't realize it was such a big issue until recently. Picking up their brass would help me find all of mine and just be a good thing to do.

I've shot on BLM land by Wolf Creek, wrong Wolf Creek though this one is south west of Eugene.
Thats a cool line of work. Im curious as to how some of it is done.
I have a lot of time lapses I post on my social media. Essentially deconstruction and removing all the compromised parts of the book and rebuild them with archival materials and adhesives so they last way longer than the original. Those old Hyde glues dry up and crack, can ruin the stitching, and acidic materials used in the paper, boards, etc. combined with humidity and temperature fluctuations. I use a different adhesives for different purposes or dry.times. got a few specialized presses but it's all hand work. I was trained by my father he learned classically in the UK, I ended up getting a science degree so I try to incorporate that into the conservation side. Trying to fuse the old craft with the more modern science based conservation.

Artwork can be a little more complicated, removing built up smoke and grime, sometimes removing the old varnish. Requires a lot of testing and research. Incredibly satisfying when you find the proper solvent that cuts through the grime or varnish without reacting with the paint. Prints are a whole other beast but usually more straightforward if the media and pigments are stable.

I need to make a complilation of my time lapses it's the only way to really see what goes into it without being there. Compressing 4 hours in 20 seconds. I'm just lucky I was born into it, was helpin at my dad's shop since I was a kid.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top