JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Took the 4Runner in today and had some 285/70R17s installed. Only one size bigger than stock, but it looks much better. I installed a 2.5" myself some months ago and also bought the tires online and have been keeping them in the garage in anticipation of winter weather.

Couldn't wait any longer and had them installed today. Tires are the new Cooper Evolution MTs that from the few reviews I could find, have surprisingly good street manners, do very well in the snow, and very well off-road.

Crazy wind today and I hooked up my utility trailer to throw the tires into to take to the shop. Unhooked the trailer and they installed the tires. While they were doing that, the wind blew my trailer into a muddy field next to the shop, lol.

So, I got to test them out in the mud immediately. They did awesome! Kept it in 2wd with hardly any slipping. Drive home was uneventful. They rode nice with some noise, but not bad at all. Can't wait to get into the woods and really put them through the paces.

PSX_20201013_172410.jpg

IMG_20201013_164435697_HDR.jpg

Looks good! I've been digging the new-style 'Runners for a while.
Those are the same size and model tires I'm planning on putting on my Ram... if the 265/70 17 Cooper ATs currently on it ever wear out. Maybe next spring. IMO, Cooper makes the best mid-priced tires on the market.

I should easily clear 33s stock, but I may install a torsion key or just crank an inch into the T-bars... l dont love the torsion bar setup on a 4x4, but I also don't want to spring for a new truck over it (see what I did there? Spring, get it?)
:s0092:
BTW, if you have a beater that needs new kicks, Matercraft is Cooper's downmarket brand... l have a set of Mastercraft MTXs on my Jeep and they wear just as well as the name brand rubber.

Took a drive today down a ranch road that is usually a greasy mess after some rain. It was greasy, but not bad. I was disappointed in how easy it was to navigate in 2wd. These tires are amazing!

IMG_20201014_124436965_HDR.jpg

IMG_20201014_124522335_HDR.jpg

Took the 4Runner in today and had some 285/70R17s installed. Only one size bigger than stock, but it looks much better. I installed a 2.5" myself some months ago and also bought the tires online and have been keeping them in the garage in anticipation of winter weather.

Couldn't wait any longer and had them installed today. Tires are the new Cooper Evolution MTs that from the few reviews I could find, have surprisingly good street manners, do very well in the snow, and very well off-road.

Crazy wind today and I hooked up my utility trailer to throw the tires into to take to the shop. Unhooked the trailer and they installed the tires. While they were doing that, the wind blew my trailer into a muddy field next to the shop, lol.

So, I got to test them out in the mud immediately. They did awesome! Kept it in 2wd with hardly any slipping. Drive home was uneventful. They rode nice with some noise, but not bad at all. Can't wait to get into the woods and really put them through the paces.

View attachment 762324

View attachment 762325
Next stop 44in gumbos.

I run Mickey Thompsons on my truck
Which Mickey's do you have?
I was considering the Denman 38 mud terrains... lve read good things but have never actually looked at em in-person.

I like Cooper enough that a couple yrs ago l looked-up what other brands fall under their umbrella... that's how l originally tumbled to MasterCraft and learned that M/Ts are part of their company.

Which Mickey's do you have?
I was considering the Denman 38 mud terrains... lve read good things but have never actually looked at em in-person.

I like Cooper enough that a couple yrs ago l looked-up what other brands fall under their umbrella... that's how l originally tumbled to MasterCraft and learned that M/Ts are part of their company.
Yah, I've been trying to keep my money out of China so did the same thing you did. I got 35/12.5R20 Baja ATZP3 Hybrids. They are a cross between M/T's and A/T's. A little quieter on the road, but still enough meat to push the truck through most anything I dare to drive through. I had it on the beach (Long Beach, WA) a couple weeks ago and even the deep stuff didn't bother the truck too much. I've had them for about 7K miles and so far so good.

IMG_6305.JPG

IMG_6246.JPG

Good looking 4runner, I'm a big fan of runners. Mine got 33's within a month of owning it. Looking to go up to 34's or 35's at some point when I feel like busting out the BFH.

ss 2020-10-24 at 12.39.46 PM.jpg

ss 2020-10-24 at 12.45.55 PM.jpg

Tires did very well in the snow last night. Heavy, wet, and slick snow that would have had my old Goodyears breaking loose constantly and my dash lighting up with traction control systems freaking out. Not a peep from traction control and I had to try to get them to break loose. I haven't felt the need to use 4wd during the drives around town and work, or the icy drive home last night on the highway.

Siping seems to be working very well...

IMG_20201023_153815001.jpg

IMG_20201023_153758385_HDR.jpg

We'll see how they do in very cold and hard-packed snow, which is almost as bad as the heavy, wet snow.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews