JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I thought I had a thread round these parts about a 10mm. But alas, I can't find it. :(

I was thinking that would be my next gun.
Woods carry - 4 legged protection.

But with the current legislation in play, I decided on an older cartridge -
45 ACP

So, then as a Smith guy that would lean me to another M&P. I don't have one in the Compact size, so a match.

But ...

I also don't own one of those Smyrna guns. And I haven't found one just lying around.

So, I ordered a 21SF.

If things don't go bad, then I"ll get an M&P 2.0 Compact.

I still need a woods gun. Maybe a 44 - especially if they restrict to 5 rounds.:mad:

My plan is to run a few boxes of ammo thru the gun and leave it in the safe. (or a hole in the wall ;))
Then break it out for an GSSF events - cause you never know, you might just win a Glock.

maybe I should have gone for a G20sf ... as Smith doesn't offer 10mm to much any more ...
or the Walther, those are pretty and loved, or a 1911

I carry a g20 innawoods. But a hot loaded hardcast fuddy5 from underwood ammo is nothing to sneeze at.

If you really want some power, explore converting that g21 to a 46 rowland.

You could also convert it to 10mm. But the slide is lighter so I wouldn't suggest it.

200gr Speer Gold Dots loaded to similar pressure are less than 50 fps different. I think its 1050 vs 1100. I'd go with the bigger hole.

Now, a 300 Weatherby pushing 200gr at 3150 is NO COMPARISON. That load removes chunks and scatters them around.

Lies.

Underwood is pushing 200 grain pills to 1250 in 10mm. Ah shoot, I forgot about the member here who claimed 1450 in .45ACP. My bad. :D

My 200 gr hardcast 10mm loads using 800x powder chrono an honest 1250 fps out of my glock 20. Probably would be prudent to knock the charge down .5 grs or so and work back up with a jacketed bullet but I bet I could still safely drive them 1200fps plus which is probably not needed for a "social load".

I just recently acquired a new G20 Gen 4.
That thing shoots better than I can hold it.
Soft-shooting.
Everyone that tries it wants one.

45ACP is like the fat old man.
10mm is the young buck with some horsepower.

:D

I'm not dogging 10mm, it's a great and powerful caliber, but I find it to be a bit overrated, expensive and somewhat hard to find. A lot of folks have trouble with the recoil management and a reason why the FBI dropped 10mm and went to .40S&W. It's a stout caliber, but not for everyone.

I'm not dogging 10mm, it's a great and powerful caliber, but I find it to be a bit overrated, expensive and somewhat hard to find. A lot of folks have trouble with the recoil management and a reason why the FBI dropped 10mm and went to .40S&W. It's a stout caliber, but not for everyone.
I can testify that my G20 and Tanfo Stock III are pleasant to shoot.
You can enjoy your practice session.
They don't wear me out like a Scandium 44 mag or similar will.

Have you shot a Glock 20? Recoil is very tolerable even with stout loads. I have shot a full size Kimber in 10mm and the recoil is much less manageable in my opinion. Had the glock 20 been invented when the fbi was testing the 10mm auto, they may have actually adopted it instead of the neutered 40 short and weak. In all honesty I do not edc 10mm auto. I think other cartridges fill the role better for me but the 10 makes a damn fine woods carry piece. You will find my G20 strapped to the belt of my pack most times when I am afield. Of course I will usually have a rifle as well.:cool:

I can testify that my G20 and Tanfo Stock III are pleasant to shoot.
You can enjoy your practice session.
They don't wear me out like a Scandium 44 mag or similar will.

That's cool. I actually don't mind recoil. I was just speaking in generalities.
Have you shot a Glock 20? Recoil is very tolerable even with stout loads. I have shot a full size Kimber in 10mm and the recoil is much less manageable in my opinion. Had the glock 20 been invented when the fbi was testing the 10mm auto, they may have actually adopted it instead of the neutered 40 short and weak. In all honesty I do not edc 10mm auto. I think other cartridges fill the role better for me but the 10 makes a damn fine woods carry piece. You will find my G20 strapped to the belt of my pack most times when I am afield. Of course I will usually have a rifle as well.:cool:

I haven't shot a G20. You guys both speak highly of the G20 and that's respectable. I agree about .40 S&W. I'm definitely not knocking 10mm.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top