JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Did some horse trading over the weekend and brought home the taurus tracker in .41 mag and the dan wesson 15-2 in .357. The 15-2 is a little rough in terms of holster wear but it cycles fine and gives it character. Once I got it home I found out that the barrel is interchangeable. So how do I go about finding a tool to take the 8 inch barrel off and find a 6 4 or 2 inch barrel to add to the collection? I got it for a great deal and was told the only reason the price was so low is because he didn't have the tools and the extra barrels to go with it. So do I search tirelessly at gun shows and eBay or do I just forget about it and keep my 8 inch revolver and shoot the heck out of it?

IMG_20171209_125002580.jpg

Gun broker or ebay will be your friend.
You need the wrench and shim (feeler gauge) for your caliber and then barrels and shrouds.
A quick trip to ebay I found this, plus lots of other stuff.
Dan Wesson Revolver 357 Magnum Barrel Tool & Feeler Gauge From Pistol Pac | eBay
Also, the barrels are there, too. Don't want 8"? How about 2 1/2"?
Dan Wesson Revolver 357 Magnum 2.5" Vented Heavy Barrel w/Blued Shroud & Nut | eBay
That Taurus is cool. I really like the 41 Mag, and like the idea. A friend had one but I couldn't talk him out of it.

Does buying all those parts make it more valuable? I seen the feeler gauge and a 6-inch barrel for 150 but I didn't know if that would increase the value if I was ever to sell it

Does buying all those parts make it more valuable? I seen the feeler gauge and a 6-inch barrel for 150 but I didn't know if that would increase the value if I was ever to sell it
If you decide to sell it, you will get more money for the "package" than just the gun. The complete Pistol Packs that Wesson offered can be quite valuable and hard to get cases and such, but you can make up your own selection of barrels, which will t=give the gun unmatched versatility.
I'm no expert, just have run a few of those guns thru my mitts in the past. I do know that Dan Wesson revolver fans wouldn't trade their gun for any other brand.

First off I'd say the price was low because he didn't have all the parts. They were all shipped with the Shim and the Wrench. The Original Dan Wessons were built back in the day when Revolvers were in the Holsters on nearly every Cop in the Country. DW wanted a piece of the pie. The idea was that the Officer could carry the 6" on Duty and then swap out the 2-1/2" for Off Duty. It should be remembered that these were the days when Officers had to purchase their own Sidearm. I knew a couple of Officers who tried the DW and they found it just didn't work. That meant they had put out a lot of Dollars for something that didn't do the job. As far as I'm concerned the idea still doesn't work for most people.:)

If you haven't already seen it, EWK has a bunch of aftermarket stuff for DW
Dan Wesson Revolvers : EWK Arms
If you decide you want to sell, I'm in the market for a monson made model 15. I've decided to gift the one I have back to my father in law. he sold it to me 15 years ago and has been missing it ever since.

Dan Wesson Model 15 revolvers are are currently being made. You can get parts from CZ USA. In case you haven't learned this already the Dan Wesson revolvers of the most accurate revolvers ever made especially for long distances like the 200 meters in silhouette competition. The Dan Wesson was the favorite for that competition.
You don't have to use the shim that comes with your Dan Wesson. Just an ordinary feeler gauge will work. I suggest that because the stock feeler is .006 and many of us prefer to drop it down to .004 or so. Enjoy that gun. It's as strong as a Ruger and will take full power loads all day long. There are many people with a ton of respect for the Dan Wesson revolvers. I keep thinking I'd like a brand new one but they are $1,100+ which is a lot to me right now. Of course the Dan Wesson forum is full of knowledge regarding these revolvers.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews