JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Appears to be a new rimfire offering from Norma marketed to shooters chasing the maximum accuracy at longer distances. Would be curious to hear reports from others of how it works. Too rich for me, I top out at mid-grade target ammo line SK Standard plus or the like.

Appears to be a new rimfire offering from Norma marketed to shooters chasing the maximum accuracy at longer distances. Would be curious to hear reports from others of how it works. Too rich for me, I top out at mid-grade target ammo line SK Standard plus or the like.

Already hitting a Bmod target at 550 yards consistenty with their Tac22 and would love to give this a try but not at almost $25/box of 50. Most drug dealers give you a taste free or cheap and then jack the prices up on you. Norma is going right for the most expensive 22lr right out of the gate. Not even Eley 10x is close to that expensive.

Already hitting a Bmod target at 550 yards consistenty with their Tac22 and would love to give this a try but not at almost $25/box of 50. Most drug dealers give you a taste free or cheap and then jack the prices up on you. Norma is going right for the most expensive 22lr right out of the gate. Not even Eley 10x is close to that expensive.
You must have gotten a better batch than I did. My Tac22 ammo was the least consistent, least accurate and least reliable rimfire ammo I ever used. Bulk box Remington and Federal put it to shame. Ruined Norma ammo for me.

You must have gotten a better batch than I did. My Tac22 ammo was the least consistent, least accurate and least reliable rimfire ammo I ever used. Bulk box Remington and Federal put it to shame. Ruined Norma ammo for me.
Norma rimfire (rebranded RWS who they own) has preformed excellent in all the rimfires I have ran it in so far which are a CZ457 varmint precision trainer and Vudoo. There are certainly some lots that perform better than others and that really comes out when you go from 300m to 400m but all has been at least ragged hole at 50 yards for me and easily sub MOA at 100m. The only issue I run into is having to clean the action more frequently as they use more wax than Eley/SK/Lapua.

I have not ran it much in my other rimfires like 10/22's, Mark IV, etc... but wonder if the additional lube they use on the bullets could cause malfunctions with feeding fairly quick due to build up in the action.

Norma rimfire (rebranded RWS who they own) has preformed excellent in all the rimfires I have ran it in so far which are a CZ457 varmint precision trainer and Vudoo. There are certainly some lots that perform better than others and that really comes out when you go from 300m to 400m but all has been at least ragged hole at 50 yards for me and easily sub MOA at 100m. The only issue I run into is having to clean the action more frequently as they use more wax than Eley/SK/Lapua.

I have not ran it much in my other rimfires like 10/22's, Mark IV, etc... but wonder if the additional lube they use on the bullets could cause malfunctions with feeding fairly quick due to build up in the action.
Powder charge mostly. Pop, pop, pfft, POW POW, pfft pop POW pfft and so on. Sometimes even a click. Bolt guns.

Powder charge mostly. Pop, pop, pfft, POW POW, pfft pop POW pfft and so on. Sometimes even a click. Bolt guns.
I agree with ORhunter, I'd be contacting Norma.

I've shot Tac 22 and the Rifle marked ammo from Norma mostly. But it all is from lots I bought at least 4 or more years ago. Was pretty reasonable by the case back then, especially for the quality and performance.

IMG_5292.jpeg

Doesn't look like anything special about the bullet to me and the price is too much. I don't expect to shoot .22 LR that is barely supersonic past 100 yards. If I needed to go beyond that distance, I would go with centerfire.

Centerfire prices for rimfire ammo is a no go
$25 for 50 is cheap for centerfire prices that would be accurate out to 500yds though.

Im skeptical of this though, but if they figured it out how to get that kind of consistency Id give it a try.

.22LR is my favorite modern cartridge.
I'd be willing to give it a try with my Savage Model 19/33 NRA Match rifle....
Just need to find a spot with a clear 500 yard range.

In any event....it would be fun to get , just see what it does at 100 yards.
And yeah expensive ammo for sure...but...prices are what they are nowadays.
Andy

In any event....it would be fun to get , just see what it does at 100 yards.
And yeah expensive ammo for sure...but...prices are what they are nowadays.
Andy
Yes, I dont see me wanting to shoot 500yds in my 22 but if it held a 1moa or less at 100yds that would be my go to zero ammo. $25/50 is only high compared to "normal" 22lr ammo.

WOW !!
That reads like a new car ad. :rolleyes:
At those prices, if I want 500 yard accuracy out of a .22, I'll just add another number and break out my .223. ;)

I can shoot it cheaper. :)
(And I thought CCI Stingers were expensive.) :confused:

Yes, I dont see me wanting to shoot 500yds in my 22 but if it held a 1moa or less at 100yds that would be my go to zero ammo. $25/50 is only high compared to "normal" 22lr ammo.
Shooting 500 yards with your 22lr is a hell of a lot of fun and you don't need $25 for 50 ammo to do it. Quality match ammo that runs from $4 - $10 a box of 50 is more than capable of ringing steel at 500 yards if it runs well in your gun. Once you get your ballistic data dialed in and have an ammo with an acceptable cone of fire, it just comes down to reading the wind.

Shooting 500 yards with your 22lr is a hell of a lot of fun and you don't need $25 for 50 ammo to do it. Quality match ammo that runs from $4 - $10 a box of 50 is more than capable of ringing steel at 500 yards if it runs well in your gun. Once you get your ballistic data dialed in and have an ammo with an acceptable cone of fire, it just comes down to reading the wind.
If thats the case then Normas missing the boat here at $25 if everyone else is doing it for 4-10...

Thats what i think but my guess is this ammo is geared to competition shooters?
Im not certain how far 22lr competitions shoot though.
This ammo is likely geared towards the NRL22/NRL22X/PRS22 crowd that is growing in popularity where SK/Lapua/Eley have been king of the hill for many years. Though they are hanging their hat on extrended down range performance where Lapua for sure has also introduced an extended range ammo option.

If thats the case then Normas missing the boat here at $25 if everyone else is doing it for 4-10...
It is all relative. The more you spend on match ammo the more you experience diminishing returns. You are paying that premium to bring SD's down and likely targeting a specific FPS range. Rimfires are a finicky beast and a never ending rabbit hole you can go down. If your shooting in the Olympics and need to eliminate or reduce all the variables you can then $19/box Eley 10x or Lapua Midas+ is 100% worth the money. If your shooting 500 yards for fun instead of competition where 1 out of 10 or 1 out of 50 or 1 out of 100 shots is outside the normal parameter your dialed in for, you likely don't care relative to the cost per shot.

The fact of the matter is, most folks can't shoot well enough for the level of match ammo their shooting to make a difference. What I mean by that is that if you haven't missed a 10x prone on your indoor smallbore target all season and you get a flyer when you know the shot broke clean like all the other 10x's you shot, you have a high degree of confidence it was ammo related. Especially if your shooting a lower tier match ammo.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top