Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

NEW MODEL SAIGA 12 SHOTGUN

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by badclam, Feb 22, 2011.

1. badclam

badclam willapa bay Sunny SW WA Active Member

This is the newest model Saiga 12 gauge shotgun. The IZH-109BHO Model comes with automatic bolt hold open after last round fired. Check it out at K-VAR. K-Var Corp. ™ This is not the common models that were $500. This model was just released in this country by K_VAR for $679.95. It has a button right behind the mag release that will lock the bolt open at any time. It has another button where the old style bolt latch was that will release the bolt when pushed! So now you have two ways to release the bolt. Hit the button or pull back on the bolt. I have not seen another one of these available anywhere.
    2-20001.jpg
    2-20003.jpg
    saiga12.jpg

2. farmdog

farmdog Northern Oregon Member

Those are supposed to be pretty slick. In the wait for aftermarket companies to come out with this option to "add on", having a factory option seems very appealing.

3. trainsktg

trainsktg Portland OR Well-Known Member

Is this one of those Hermes imports?

Keith

4. Fumes

Fumes Wa. Active Member

You do understand the LRBHO will not function with the MD or other older type mags right?

5. trainsktg

I thought you simply added material to the older mag followers to make it work...?

Keith

6. Fumes

Fumes Wa. Active Member

I guess they can be made to work, I think you have to hit the back of the older mag with a file too, I didn't really read up on it, in fact have given up on the LRBHO deal altogether. I think some of the guys were looking into just swapping out the newer follower into an older mag to see if it'd work.

It's not bad thing as the older mags will still work in the gun, just not actuate the BHO.

I'm holding out for the dbl stack mags just so I can watch everyone fight to the death to get their hands on one of those and then wait for another year for the bugs to get worked out and the hype and price to go down. Just like the drums.:laugh::thumbup:

7. trainsktg

Unless you are doing 3-gun, is an LRBHO in an AK really necessary? I'm OK without it, as there are 100 million out there that don't.

Yeah...those elusive double stacks :paranoid:.

Keith