JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi Everyone, I found this site scouring the net for local/regional sites. Prefer these to national sites and info regarding local events/locations/info mean more than someone posting from Kentucky. Not to say that would not be important but prefer to have local info.

I have lived in Beaverton for 35 years with my wife. We have four children who are grown and live nearby. I am an ex-Marine (1975-1979) and love my job as a GM for a local company.

I am relatively new to guns outside of the Marines. I was a multiple award expert with the M-16 and was assigned as a sniper when getting to Okinawa. Guess I could shoot when I was a young buck..lol

I purchased a Ruger SR9 and am very happy with it, have not put many rounds through it but will very soon. I am waiting for my CC's from Oregon and Utah and looking forward to becoming a citizen that stands up for our rights but if in the position want to protect myself, family and civilians if needed. Have been reading and watching everything I can find on the net and have learned many things.

This seems like a great site and look forward to contributing when I can. I am an avid fisherman and if anyone knows "Ifish.net" have been a member there since 2001 so if anyone needs fishing info check out the site or shoot me a message.

Thanks for taking the time to read my intro, sorry if it was long but believe in transparency on a place like this.

Peace,
Keith

Welcome Keith! You'll find this forum is more free, less easily offended and much less heavy-handed with discipline than ifish, yet everyone is happy and gets along still. Your first discussion post has already garnered a great deal of response; enjoy!

Welcome Keith! I too, thank you for your service. Pretty good bunch of people here. What ever you do,however, do not even think about reloading your own ammo. Wouldn't want you to become addicted!

Welcome to NWFA! And, care to share your handle on ifish, PM if you'd rather. I promise not to tell. I've been a member there just a bit longer than you. There aren't a whole lot of us "old timers" left over there.

Mike

Thanks guys! I haven't posted on ifish for years, to much drama for me. My screen name is FM2, what is yours Mikej? Have many friends there, probably people you know ;)

Thanks guys! I haven't posted on ifish for years, to much drama for me. My screen name is FM2, what is yours Mikej? Have many friends there, probably people you know ;)

Is that FM2 as in fishinmission 2? As far as I know you get punished on ifish for mentioning banned members. You can't link to NWFA on ifish, they have it blocked. They have banned members for speaking badly of the site on other sites.

That it is :)
Do we know each other?

Only from ifish, i was never a real regular poster but read every day. I fished along side the original Fishn'mission well before guide status, back when HE was learning the fishery on the Columbia during the fall....Way back when. Good times in those days on ifish!

You'll like it here, it's nothing like a fishing board. People here WANT you to learn, they want to help you be a better shooter. As the say "An armed society is a polite society".

RE: Your OP, that SR9c is the first gun I bought for myself. I think it's a great gun!

Mike

Yeah, I knew Mark and we had the same screen name but I spelled mine differently. It was confusing for some so changed it to FM2. Back in the day we had a great time and shared lots of info, pics, techniques etc but don't really care for the site now. We learned early on to stop posting pics and locations because all the lurkers would be in your place the next day. You probably remember RT, Stew, Mark, Catch-n-eat and others. I am still friends with many of them but like me there is very little activity.

Yeah, I knew Mark and we had the same screen name but I spelled mine differently. It was confusing for some so changed it to FM2. Back in the day we had a great time and shared lots of info, pics, techniques etc but don't really care for the site now. We learned early on to stop posting pics and locations because all the lurkers would be in your place the next day. You probably remember RT, Stew, Mark, Catch-n-eat and others. I am still friends with many of them but like me there is very little activity.

Oh yeah.....Nannok! That's the name I couldn't think of. Funny guy, old school! Never knew these guys personally, but If you had some chutzpah you could get the idea how thing were supposed to be done by the posts. And you know, you feel like you know someone to be douche, or a good guy from their posts.

haha, yeah Rick (Nanook) was a crusty guy, had a purple Willie and would tell you like it is! This place reminds me of the early days of idishya :) Friendly, helpful people without all the attitudes!

haha, yeah Rick (Nanook) was a crusty guy, had a purple Willie and would tell you like it is! This place reminds me of the early days of idishya :) Friendly, helpful people without all the attitudes!

You guys showed each other your purple willies? I knew there was a reason I never felt comfortable over there....

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top