JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello all!

I am a military shooting enthusiast based out of Kitsap county. I enjoy all recreational shooting activities and am also looking for shooting groups. I have been shooting for sport since the age of 10 (supervised) and am familiar with a wide assortment of shooting techniques and practices, I was a Cavalry Scout in the Army and am familiar with many military shooting platforms. Thanks ahead of time for all welcomes.

-Edit: I am also currently deployed to Afghanistan as a Contractor.

I actually have always wanted to shoot there considering I live roughly 15 minutes away. Sadly I don't own a suppressor yet but I plan to get a hold of one from an authorized dealer next year upon my return home.

If you are able to find the one you want now, you can probably get the paperwork filled out and submitted while you are away so that the wait (6 months now) is not so long after you get home. I make mine and have never bought from a dealer, so you might want to ask others here, or on SubGuns.com if this is do-able.

Ranb

I think at this point I am more focused on the rifle I need to purchase and once I get it start prepping it for a suppressor, would you recommend a gas or piston system for a suppressed weapon?

I think the DI rifles are going to be less noisy when suppressed than the piston models. The gas vent on the piston action is loud. It is loud on my AK and I hear it is the same for the M-1a'a also.

Ranb

Yeah I was looking at Stag Arm's model 8 piston, now I am thinking more along the lines of the model 2T. someone mentioned in one of my other posts that you get some serious gas blow back out of the chamber have you experienced that?

I started shooting left but the Army taught me it was very hand to be combat proficient with both shoulders. So in other words I should be ok with a DI on either shoulder?

It works for me, I only started shooting left handed back in 1990 because I cannot close my left eye and leave the right eye open. I have no master eye as far as I can tell so shooting left is not a problem. Operating the safety and mag release is a breeze on the AR-15. 1911 slide releases are a snap to operate with the trigger finger, 1911 ambi safeties are easy to install and single action revolvers were probably intended for lefties. :)

Ranb

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads