JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey All

Just doing the obligatory introduction here. Nice to have a local site to keep up on the gun news.

I've just recently gotten into semi-auto handguns and picked up a G21, G30S and a Ruger SR1911 over the past 4 months or so. When I turned 60 last year, I decided I was getting too old and feeble to run away anymore :D, so I got my CHL and I'm still looking at carry options. The G30 is nice but man, that 1911 is so sweet to shoot. Not sure what I'll end up carrying, but it won't be the G21. I'm still exploring holsters and hoping to find one that I can conceal a full size 1911 with. From what I'm reading on the net, people are doing it successfully so it's something I want to look into.

So anyway, I'm focusing on handguns at the moment and learning to shoot them with some degree of efficiency. I've been shooting long guns all my life and never gave much thought to handguns and it's kind of exciting to learn something new. And if I can do my part to keep the 2nd Amendment alive, it's a worthwhile persuit. :s0155:

Best,
Allan

Welcome Allan!
My CHL, turned 60, buncha guns too.
I've been told that we must dress for the gun.
It's a learning process, wearing jeans, trowsers one size bigger at the waist for example.
I've been wearing XL shirts, XXL will be more concealing.
Lots of opinions here,
Regards
Rick

Thanks for the welcome Rick.

I'm taking it one step at time. I couldn't believe the number of options for getting the CC thing together, and it looks like I'll have to just dive in and try a few things. I ordered a Crossbreed-style holster for the G30 from Theis Holsters in Arkansas to get started and I've got lots of baggy clothes. :) I'll figure it out.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top