JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey everyone just joined up on this site. Can't believe how many people in Salem are on here.

I have never shot a gun before but have been wanting to for the past couple years. As for right now I am broke but come February I will be in the market for a handgun. After looking around a bit I am thinking about a S&W 22a or a Walther P22. they both seem like good starters.

would love to hear your input on choosing a first gun and getting started in the shooting world

Also I would like to learn as much as I can, if anyone in the salem area would like to take me shooting and give me advice I would appreciate it.
I am a quick study and extremely responsible.

I live on Hines st so I can throw a rock at 3 gun shops from my house haha.

Thanks guys Look forward to posting on here more

Welcome to the site! I'm sure one of the fine folks from over in the valley wouldn't mind giving you a hand.
As for that first rifle, handgun etc. you cant go wrong with a Ruger 10/22 for you 1st rifle. There some fine choices out there when it comes to handguns, don't let the first one that falls into your hands steal your money! If you really want opinions, go to the handgun discussion section of the forum and ask what folks there think you should get for that 1st special handgun, a word of caution here,, around here we all have our favorites;)

Welcome, Brandon. I agree with everything SRjohn wrote, down to the punctuation. There are lots of good folks here, with lots of good advice. Of course, there's the occasional leg-puller too. Like SRjohn said, if you post a line in the handgun discussion forum you'll get a flood of advice, opinions, and maybe even a few offers. Regards!

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews