JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I never understood the need or draw for a compact slide and full sized grip. I know that there is more to hold on to, but counter intuitive to my needs. I carry most of the day concealed, and a shorter grip prints quite a bit less. I would like to see a glock 19 slide and frame with a glock 26 length grip. Perfect world for carry. Alas, they have not produced one yet. I have cut down the grip on my 23 to the 26 length, but being a .40, the shortened grip made it hard for me to control. Might have to look into cutting my 19 down.

The thread title got me thinking of Rigid models and stuff..

th?id=OIP.0lw0MsqpzPznuyTtPDslLgHaLE&w=143&h=215&c=7&o=5&dpr=1.5&pid=1.jpg

but then I remembered Glock..

th?id=OIP.tWpANsKf9SR8faJUSWyOcQHaEK&w=300&h=168&c=7&o=5&dpr=1.5&pid=1.jpg

Why not call it the G19xB or something somewhat sane:confused:.

I like my G17 but dang their labeling system is the most messed up and counter intuitive I've yet run across.

Almost as bad as SIG, every time they make the slightest change, even just cosmetics or colors, BANG, whole new model number and sales promo!:confused::rolleyes::eek:

Well boys and girls, against my norm of never being in the first round of buyers, I bought a brand new G45. Guess that makes me a beta tester now, eh? Gotta admit, I love the irony in the name. Wanted a gen5 anyway and this was a good enough excuse to pull the trigger

If I could, I would drug test everyone involved in making decisions when it comes to new gun models over at Glock.

When I saw the 19X, I threw up in my mouth a little. When I saw the model 45, I threw up in my mouth a little, again! and I was confused at first because it is a 9mm and it's called a model 45?...... not cool.

Glock hasn't impressed me lately. After the Gen 5 came out, I lost interest. I'm good with the few Glocks I have (two Gen 3 and a G43) and I have no desire to get a newer generation...... the G43 was pushing it.

Glocks are awesome for many people that are nostalgic about there childhood, and want a
plastic gun to go pew pew with:p.

Glock calling tech support, I left my Glock in the car and it melted, sorry we do not cover actual use
of these plastic firearm in the warranty.

:p:p:p

Why not call it the G19xB or something somewhat sane:confused:.

I like my G17 but dang their labeling system is the most messed up and counter intuitive I've yet run across.

I have never owned a Glock, and may never. Went to a gun store the other day for mags for my sub2k and it went something like this:
do you have glock 9mm mags?
which ones?
huh? oh right, compact or full size ummm... glock 17, pretty sure...
which ones?
HUH?!

Never understood why companies can't just do simple things like name the new generation something different, so ya know.

I had a Ford F-250 once and the motor wasn't a 250....
It was a 460.
I wasn't confused at all.
I have never owned a Glock, and may never. Went to a gun store the other day for mags for my sub2k and it went something like this:
do you have glock 9mm mags?
which ones?
huh? oh right, compact or full size ummm... glock 17, pretty sure...
which ones?
HUH?!

Never understood why companies can't just do simple things like name the new generation something different, so ya know.

Why call a 9mm the G45?
I bought a slightly used G45 four weeks ago. My first Glock and I really like it. The gent that sold it to me has several and when I quipped about a 9 mil called model G45 he said that Glock numbers their models by order of Patent. G-17 was their 17th patent. G45 then, is Glock's 45th patent. Makes sense from a mfg perspective, but not very well thought out from a marketing and consumer view.
My two cents....
dat

Why call a 9mm the G45?
I bought a slightly used G45 four weeks ago. My first Glock and I really like it. The gent that sold it to me has several and when I quipped about a 9 mil called model G45 he said that Glock numbers their models by order of Patent. G-17 was their 17th patent. G45 then, is Glock's 45th patent. Makes sense from a mfg perspective, but not very well thought out from a marketing and consumer view.
My two cents....
dat
There's been lots of consternation over the naming of G45.
But to no avail.
Glock nomenclature is not open to discussion.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top