JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$359
Manufacturer
Glock
Caliber
22 Long Rifle
City
CARLTON
State
Oregon
Zip Code
We just got a shipment in and have only 2!!!

Only $359 + bgc

Brand:
Glock​
Type:
GLK 44 22LR PST 10RD AS​
Model:
44​
Type:
Pistol: Semi-Auto​
Caliber:
22LR​
Finish:
Black Matte​
Action:
Safe Action​
Sight:
FT: White Dot RR: Adjustable White Outline​
Barrel Length:
4.02​
Overall Length:
7.28​
Capacity:
10+1​
# of Mags:
2​
Safety:
Safe Action-3 Separate Automatic Safeties​
Receiver:
Polymer​
Packaging:
Plastic Case​
Features:
Glock Marksman Barrel, Hybrid Steel-Polymer Slide;
Ambidextrous Controls​

IMG_8267.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
How are these? Anyone own one that has an opinion? I'd love to pick one up if they're Glock quality Thx

G

How are these? Anyone own one that has an opinion? I'd love to pick one up if they're Glock quality Thx

G

There were a few people on YouTube and forums that posted about issues that got a lot of attention. Plenty of people with them and no issues at all.

I will say that other than the weight it feels like any other Glock in your hands and instantly familiar.

I have one and can tell you a little about my experience with it. Please bear in mind that mine is the only one I have first hand experience with.

I have not had any of the catastrophic issues that some of the Youtubers posted about.

It was trial and error to find a loading that was reliable. Mine ended up being very reliable with the Blazer .22lr. Here is the good news- After perhaps 500 rounds of breaking it in, it seems to be VERY reliable with whatever I feed it now, including some subsonic a buddy had (sorry, I can't remember the brand/load). Heck, it even likes Thunderbolt! To date I have had great reliability with at least 10 different loadings from various manufacturers. But to reiterate- that was AFTER a break-in period. It is even reliable without doing the "stack adjustment after you fill the magazine" maneuver.

It is quite accurate. Actually surprisingly accurate for such a small pistol. The trigger is not that great (in my subjective opinion) but it may smooth out with more use, yet the pistol is more accurate than I am!

There is another aspect of the G44 I find interesting- it does not simply mimic a Glock externally while internally being different from standard Glock, this little pistols internals are pure Glock. Yes the dimensions are different (and there are some minor design differences) from its larger caliber sibling, but if you are at all familiar with how a Glock operates internally you will be right at home. I say that as a 15+ year Glock Armorer.

Now the not so good news- Magazines are 10 round capacity (currently) and pricey for what they are. The pistol itself is on the pricey side as well (in my opinion) but I imagine Glock Inc. has a lot to do with that. Currently, Glock is NOT offering a threaded barrel version in the US. You can buy a threaded barrel from them separately, but if I recall it's $100+ MSRP. The threaded barrel is important to me, not necessarily everyone.

So if you do the math, the pistol with a couple extra mags and a threaded barrel will land you near the $500 mark.

My final thoughts- if you carry/ use a Glock, this pistol is going to be a great training tool for you. If you ever want to introduce someone to the Glock system, this will be a great way to do that. This pistol is operated exactly like any other Glock out there (G18 notwithstanding, lol). The pistol fits into any holster that will accept a G19, as do the magazines into pouches.

If, however, you are not wanting/needing/caring about the overall "Glockness" (is that even a word? Lol!) and are simply looking for a semi auto .22lr pistol, I would not invest in the G44. In that case, I would recommend the Taurus TX 22.

For me, the G44 checks a lot of boxes, and I'm glad I purchased it. It sees regular use, and fulfills its mission well.

Hopefully this helps some of you out.

Best regards!

Luke

Thanks!

I have had the G44 for a little over 5 months now. In fact, when I took possession of it, there were very few YouTube reviews posted. When more reviewers reported problems I got a little worried about buying the first generation of something (cars and firearms, right?).

However, the real question is not how long I've had it, but how many rounds have been fired through it. The rough estimate would be in the 1500 range (so far). We (my lovely Wife and I) use it as a trainer/stand in for our center fire Glocks which we each carry. As an aside, we do drills with the G44 for a while, then finish up the training sessions with our centerfire Glocks. This allows reinforcement of the fundamentals without the distraction of recoil and muzzle blast, as well as conserving centerfire ammo. Done regularly, this has proven effective.

I am not aware of any recall of the G44 being conducted to date.

Now I have a question- Can anyone out there help me move my "review" to the review section of the forums? I was not aware until recently that a review section existed.

Thank you for a review by an active owner. I have purposely delayed purchasing a G44 until they have been on the market and should have worked out any problems. Your review is much better than the reviews even six months old. I do believe Glock rushed this pistol but am encouraged that your review is pretty positive.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.