JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I picked one of these up from a member here on a trade. It seems like a solid trade. But I've never seen one and never heard of one until he offered it in trade.
I got hands on today after clearing my wait time. First impression: dam it is cool. But a few refinements and it would be stellar.
I'll post pics tomorrow and a few of the problems I found.
Any thoughts on it or personal experiences please share. Thanks.

7E29A0AE-5709-4494-82D0-F273F9EABE02.png

I use their uppers on my ar9 builds. The bolt hold seems to like factory glock mags the most, but it can be bent to engage magpuls just fine.

Planning on using their mp5 mag lower, side charging upper and cmmg radial delayed action in a future build.

Edit, I thought that was a regular AR9, and it is not.... looks nice though, and their AR9 parts are top notch anyway.

I like the side charge ar uppers. I have 4 of them. Prob do my 308 with one they just came out with also.
I have a syrac ord piston kit on a BHW pencil 16"in a NFA side charge upper. That thing has prob 7-9k threw it. Very little cleaning but good grease where it's needed and it runs like a top. Not one failure yet. I also only run lancers out of that gun.
I have the same setup on a 300blk barrel. It to runs like a top. I like their stuff.
I need to run a few hundred rounds threw this gun but it is built like a tank.

One of my gun show buddies brought one back from Arizona with him a couple months ago.. he actually just had the upper that he bought from the people that manufacture them for New Frontier.
I thought it was cool except that they made the hangurd too long to fit a supressor. If they fixed that I think it would be a hit.

I found a barrel extension that is threaded to fit the end of the barrel as is and come out past the hand guard to mount mine. But the charging handle could have been way shorter. With the special upper and parts they could have made a different BHO point then standard ar. It makes the entire upper a mandatory length as it is.
the hole for the op rod is 1/4 inch plus. It's huge. The rod is closer to 1/8". It has tons of slop it could have been refined a bit more to be a much smoother gun.
The charging handle hits the barrel when it's at the front position. It hits the barrel nut when you run it to the rear position to lock open the bolt. Don't get me wrong. I like it. But it's tougher then it could be.

The hole in the front of the receiver is .342. The op rod is .203 A ton of slop in it. You can see where the charging handle rubs on the break and where the barrel nut is filed down for the charging handle to clear for full rearward motion. The bolt is a two piece. The top part is screwed into the bottom with what look like a dove tail or post slot cut in to them to prevent moving. The upper receiver is not stock. Where a charging handle would be is full width. It is where the top of the bolt rides.
more pics if interested.
thanks Jake.

So I just ran 300 rounds threw this thing. First. I would Need more then 3 mags at a range trip. Second. This is a hoot to shoot. The muzzle blast isn't that bad but if I could put a liner comp on it I would. The trigger slap isn't there on this one like I've heard can be. The transitions are easy and smooth with the full length stock it has. It moved the action further away from your face but with the short barrel it's easy. A red dot is a must.
The gun was smooth shooting with factory Winchester white box and reload 115g Bullets. Didn't try any thing heavy or fast. The Sig stock is great except for the arm brace rotation. I do have a tail hook adapter that I might employ.
Accuracy was ok for what I was shooting. At 15-20 yards I could do a grapefruit size grouping with a 31rnd mag off hand. If I rested it it got a bit smaller. It could get tighter if I used a better optic. I had a cheap red dot I had on hand in a drawer.
mover all I give it a 8/10. The bugger looks light but it is not. With the billet upper and lower it is a heavy piece. But it helps in the recoil. I did notice a nice touch. A swivel point on the rear of the frame of the gun. Under the buffer tube. It sits at a 45deg angle +- It worked great for my single point sling I had on it. It is a fun little pistol. If I keep it I'll prob make it my bedroom gun.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top