JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi. I am kind of new to guns.
I don't want to pull the whole Dunning-Kruger thing, but I was told that I shoot consistently. I guess that is good. Now, I want to learn about how the various firearms work and how to shoot them well.
I am going to attempt to upload a screen shot of some of my shooting. The last time I went shooting, I think I got the lowest score in my category. I would like to improve.

processed (1).jpeg

Hi. I am kind of new to guns.
I don't want to pull the whole Dunning-Kruger thing, but I was told that I shoot consistently. I guess that is good. Now, I want to learn about how the various firearms work and how to shoot them well.
I am going to attempt to upload a screen shot of some of my shooting. The last time I went shooting, I think I got the lowest score in my category. I would like to improve.

View attachment 1007903
Welcome, just takes practice! Several air guns made today are close copies of popular guns and make great, cheap practice at home too. Any trigger time helps!

Hello! nice to see another from Tacoma! Nice target btw, at what distance was it 100 or 200 yards? I hope you find things you like here, it is a good place, I have lurked for months and decided I needed a place to share my thoughts with others of a similar mind set. Oh favorite hand gun, and favorite long gun?

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

There is a YouTube video of a Japanese guy that only had trigger time with airsoft due to his country's extremely strict gun control laws, he was invited to the US to train with real steel and after the initial adjustment to recoil within the first mag, he was able to put shots on target quickly. By the end of the first day, his skills completely translate to real steel and he is out performing some of the guys that helped pay for his trip and he is almost matching the instructor. Point being any trigger time helps.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Once we're able to start using the public lands again, check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

[Edit- We are doing non ODFW supported cleanups at public forests] - check the North Fork Wolf Creek Road thread in resources.

Until then check out Trash No Land.

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

There is a YouTube video of a Japanese guy that only had trigger time with airsoft due to his country's extremely strict gun control laws, he was invited to the US to train with real steel and after the initial adjustment to recoil within the first mag, he was able to put shots on target quickly. By the end of the first day, his skills completely translate to real steel and he is out performing some of the guys that helped pay for his trip and he is almost matching the instructor. Point being any trigger time helps.
I have told the story before. When I was about 10 I saved enough to buy my first air rifle. I had a .22 but of course could only use it with my Dad. I spent all my day outside with that air rifle. They had trouble getting me to come in to eat. Months later Dad took me out with my .22. I out shot him BADLY. After that I was allowed to take the .22 out on my own when I could afford ammo :D

Welcome aboard. We were all beginners at some point and the learning experience is life long, so don't worry about that. There are a lot of knowledgeable folks here that can help. :)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top