JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys, my name is Dan. I live in Tacoma. I bought my first firearm a little over 6 months ago. Glock 19. Shortly after that I completed my first AR 15 build. I also have 4 more lowers waiting to be built. I've really jumped headfirst into the hobby and love shooting/building/learning about firearms. I joined the NWFA forums to be a part of the local firearm community.
I would like to find a club to join or something like that where I can meet other enthusiasts, find other people to plink with and whatnot.

Anyway, been creeping the forums for a little while so I thought I'd better introduce myself.

You're in the right place. Sadly any more to plink other than an established range is hard here. Becoming a long drive to do so. There are thankfully several ranges around though. Assuming your AR's are not pistol caliber? That does limit your range choices. Have not yet tried it but here the one on the Base is nice and open to public a few days a week.

You're in the right place. Sadly any more to plink other than an established range is hard here. Becoming a long drive to do so. There are thankfully several ranges around though. Assuming your AR's are not pistol caliber? That does limit your range choices. Have not yet tried it but here the one on the Base is nice and open to public a few days a week.
I have a 556 that's completed and an AR 9 that I am working on now. And yeah I have to drive at least an hour to shoot outdoors anywhere. I haven't been to any actual ranges yet but planning on checking out the Lakewood shooting range soon.

I have a 556 that's completed and an AR 9 that I am working on now. And yeah I have to drive at least an hour to shoot outdoors anywhere. I haven't been to any actual ranges yet but planning on checking out the Lakewood shooting range soon.

That one (Lakewood) will allow .556 and it is nice from what I have seen. Has 75" lanes. When they first opened we looked and walked away. They were asking WAYYYY too much. They have since dialed that back. Last I heard you do still have to use their ammo to shoot .556 or 7.62x39. They want to make sure what's being shot in those.
For handguns and rifles that use pistol ammo (PCC) Bulls Eye is great. Place is old and shows it but it's the cheapest place I have found to shoot. Only 50ft lanes but works for me as my eyes aren't what they used to be anyway :D

It depends what you want out of a range but I enjoy the Tacoma Rifle and Revolver Club. 1) It's close to me only about 10 min drive 2) I can shoot rifles and pistols all day (I go weekdays) without the crowds. 3) I always take a 22 lever in case it's busy and then I can go to the 22 range where there is never anyone there. 4) If you only go once a month it's still cheaper than Lakewood shooting range. 5) most of the other shooters I've run into are friendly. I like the outdoor feel better than the Marksman or Lakewood. The downfall for me is that I've gotten into skeet and trap lately and that isn't available.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top