JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I bought this yesterday and I couldn't be more pleased with my choice. Fit and finish is outstanding and the trigger is perfect. Officers alloy frame and commander slide. Got it at Guncrafters in Salem. Ken
DanWesson003.jpg
DanWesson004.jpg
DanWesson008.jpg

So CZ is making a 1911 now. Looks like a very nice one two

CZ bought out the guy who started up the DW line again several years ago. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I think the guy that started up the DW line with 1911's again went on to found Fusion after CZ bought the DW rights from him.

Is my history correct anyone?

So what happened to Dan?

Daniel Baird Wesson, along with Horace Smith, founded what is known today as Smith & Wesson firearms. Although the original Dan Wesson had nothing to do with the founding of the Dan Wesson firearms company that made their model 15 revolver series with interchangeable barrels, I found a link with some interesting history on the original Dan Wesson revolvers and the company.

Dan Wesson Revolvers

I had a, I believe, 2nd Gen DW revolver. It was right after they did away with the "Buck Rogers" looking barrel nut (my brother still has one of the first gen revolvers).

Hope you find this interesting.

Daniel Baird Wesson, along with Horace Smith, founded what is known today as Smith & Wesson firearms. Although the original Dan Wesson had nothing to do with the founding of the Dan Wesson firearms company that made their model 15 revolver series with interchangeable barrels, I found a link with some interesting history on the original Dan Wesson revolvers and the company.

Dan Wesson Revolvers

I had a, I believe, 2nd Gen DW revolver. It was right after they did away with the "Buck Rogers" looking barrel nut (my brother still has one of the first gen revolvers).

Hope you find this interesting.

Great article!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews