JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been curious about this new Colt and stopped by Corvallis Guns today and danged if they didn't have a couple. I bought one, took it home, cleaned it up, and can't find much to complain about. It's tight and cycled fine firing a few different hand loads with my home cast boolits. The grip safety was lose and rattled, but that was a easy fix. The blue front sight is color coordinated with the grips, but isn't bright like green or red, and needs replaced. I'll get a range report if ever get time to go to the range.

Colt competition.JPG

I think Colt "missed the mark" on the blue front sight, blue grips and wide slide serrations, but overall it's a winner. I've been lusting after a 1911 in 9mm for awhile now and have been sorely tempted to pick one up. Probably will still be awhile before I do. :(

As much as I like the Govt. models, I'm 99% sure I'll go with the Colt lightweight commander 9mm. Haven't seen any locally, so that is good for my wallet! lol

Almost bought one from NW Armory last week, nice gun. I'm with you on the blue FO front sight, I pointed it straight at the light and it might as well have been solid black. Have to wonder what they were thinking on that one, easy enough fix though.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews