JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Half Price Now!!!! Just a heads up on the market for AK47, I don't have one to sell but wanted to ensure that all members know where the market is at with the distributors.

http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?productid=17015&cat=353&page=1

<broken link removed>

These SGL-21s are pure AKs right out of the factory, they come off the assembly line as complete AKs. KVAR simply adds the compliance parts once the rifles are in the US. There are no extra holes as you would find in a conversion.

Half Price Now!!!! Just a heads up on the market for AK47's

http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?productid=17015&cat=353&page=1

Arsenal SGL21 (Saiga) - Black Stockset Russian made stamped receiver, 7.62x39 caliber, chrome lined hammer forged barrel, front sight block with bayonet lug and 24x1.5 right-hand threads, muzzle brake, standard mil-spec. handguards with stainless steel heat shield and Warsaw length buttstock, 1000 meter rear sight leaf, scope rail, accessory lug. Comes with 5rd. magazine!

Accepts any standard AK-47 Double Stack Mil. Spec. Magazine.

Are you selling this or just giving a heads up on the deal? Also, Arsenal and Saiga are completely different brands. Arsenal is Bulgarian and Saiga is a brand made by Izhmash in Russia.

Ahhh....I guess I'm out of the loop. Looks like Aresenal USA is the importer and Izhmash is the manufacturer. That's weird. That's like finding new Honda's at a Chevy dealership.

Arsenal imports the saiga in fud form and does the conversion selling it as th SGL21

there was a right awhile back in SGN about these guns.

SF-

I think the Saigas you are thinking of are the ones that come configured at hunting (sporting) rifles and have the extra receiver holes for the relocated FCG and all that. These SGL-21s are pure AKs right out of the factory, they come off the assembly line as complete AKs. KVAR simply adds the compliance parts once the rifles are in the US. There are no extra holes as you would find in a conversion. They even lack the commercial stamps found on the sporter versions.

<broken link removed>

These are very high quality AK's and should bring $$ more than a Romy. Look on GB, these were selling for $1,000 a few months back.

The way our government is printing money (and all the other central banks), within a few years these guns will be money in the bank.

I think the Saigas you are thinking of are the ones that come configured at hunting (sporting) rifles and have the extra receiver holes for the relocated FCG and all that. These SGL-21s are pure AKs right out of the factory, they come off the assembly line as complete AKs. KVAR simply adds the compliance parts once the rifles are in the US. There are no extra holes as you would find in a conversion. They even lack the commercial stamps found on the sporter versions.

These rifles would have had to have been imported as sporting rifles and then converted by Arsenal. That doesn't take anything from the quality. It is illegal to import an "assault rifle" AK-47 in its natural form. That is why all of those Romanian and Bulgarian AKs have American made receivers. By importing in the sporting configuration, the receiver can stay intact.

camtender and unionguy:

I just read your postings and have a question: camtener, when you say on sale soon, what do you mean? I don't know what the regular prices would be; but here in the middle of November I see they are selling the SGL31-47/61/62 from $800-825. Did you anticipate lower prices? How much lower? I'd like to get a well made AK; but I'm not sure what a good price point would be to get one.

Unionguy: do they make them in 5.45?
I was thinking about 7.62; but I see you like the 5.45. I am curious about this rifle in this caliber- why do you like it?
Thanks,

Ed

camtender and unionguy:

I just read your postings and have a question: camtener, when you say on sale soon, what do you mean? I don't know what the regular prices would be; but here in the middle of November I see they are selling the SGL31-47/61/62 from $800-825. Did you anticipate lower prices? How much lower? I'd like to get a well made AK; but I'm not sure what a good price point would be to get one.

I was thinking about 7.62; but I see you like the 5.45. I am curious about this rifle in this caliber- why do you like it?
Thanks,

Ed

We are all hoping there will be a price reduction on the SGL31(5.45) like they did with the SGL21(7.62). Current price for a SGL21 is $499-619, depending on the model. I think originally they were $900, please correct me if I'm wrong. I don't know if they'll drop the price on the SGL31's because Bulgarian AK-74's built from part kits are currently $500-600. So $800 for a brand new rifle is not too bad. Granted $500 for a 31 would be perfect for the holidays :D.

Why do we like it? For me, cheap ammo. You can get a 1080rd case for about $129-150.

Thanks, I am guessing the SGL21(7.62) is in my near future. Question is which model? I'm not sure what to look for in the SGL21 series. I think the OD green color is my style other than that... what should I opt for? I have all kinds of hunting rifles, and some ARs in A2 20" in 5.56 and a M4 in 6.8 rem. If I look at this rifle for filling in some of the blanks- like penetration, what else do I need? A folder might be cool.

Help, Ed

We are all hoping there will be a price reduction on the SGL31(5.45) like they did with the SGL21(7.62). Current price for a SGL21 is $499-619, depending on the model. I think originally they were $900, please correct me if I'm wrong. I don't know if they'll drop the price on the SGL31's because Bulgarian AK-74's built from part kits are currently $500-600. So $800 for a brand new rifle is not too bad. Granted $500 for a 31 would be perfect for the holidays :D.

Why do we like it? For me, cheap ammo. You can get a 1080rd case for about $129-150.

camtender and unionguy:

Thanks,

Ed

Did you anticipate lower prices? yes, just wait. How much lower? Look at the price drop in the SGL21 for a good guess/anwser.

These are rifles with conversions done to them just like I do.....unfortunately I am stuck purchasing parts from KVAR marked up so I can't do the conversions as cheap but if I could, I would. I am trying to get in with Arsenal USA (Different from Arsenal Bulgaria) so I can get the required parts for a bit cheaper. If that works out, WATCH OUT! I will be doing conversions just like these for around the same price.

I did a similar conversion to this on a 7.62x39 Saiga but I wanted to do one with an underfolder. You can see pics in my dealer forum "Stoner Arms"

I got excited there for a minute... when you guys referenced the "7.62" I thought you meant 7.62 x 51 -- which brings up a question: since they are converting Saiga's, has there been any mention of Arsenal Inc. converting and selling the .308 (x51) models?

camtender and unionguy:

Thanks,

Ed

Mostly just due the cost. You can pick up 5.45x39 for $160 for 1080 rounds...in a sealed tin. I don't know if I'm gonna jump on it, but that's my motivation. Mostly, I'm a 7.62 man, both in the x39 and the x51 (in FAL/M1A's). The AK-74 route would offer a cheap way to stock up on a lot of rounds fairly cheaply...and I like those sealed cans for storage! The main thing holding me back is the need to purchase a bunch of new mags.

Good luck.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads