JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys looking for the use of a 12 ton hydraulic press to push out my romy G barrel pin. That terd is stuck and have tried using grade 8 bolts and a vise. Any assistance will be appreciated!

Thanks

Hefty punch and a deadblow hammer?

Also, harbor freight sells 4 ton arbor presses for very reasonable prices, as well as hydraulic presses.

I've had to deal with stuck taper pins on machinery, usually a _HIGH QUALITY_ taper punch and a dead blow will remove them. Worst case you can usually drill out the inside of the punch, then you can get an abrasive wire (like they use for hacksaw blades) thread it through the hole, and then very carefully compromise the pin by cutting it to the reciever/trunion junction.

Generally, stuck pins are the ruiner of my weekends. The best advice I can give is use high quality punches (the cheap ones mushroom, bend, and usually require several trips back to buy more cheap punches).

I have tried the punch and destroyed a few. I'm more afraid or. Hurting or bending something. I'll have to check out the 4 ton press at freight harbor. Do you think it will have enough strength to push it out? The last resort of drilling it worrys me . I don't want be fraying to replace it with another 1 with more/less head spacing. Are. The pins fairly universal?

If you have to drill it out...AKbuilder.com has oversized barrel pins. Your pin will be in the same place only larger. you will maintain your head space.

If you need to, I can turn you a fresh barrel pin. You will have to give me precise dimensions though. I don't know what the spec is on this steel, but I'm guessing 4140 tool steel will suffice.

You could also get a taper pin reamer, and ream the hole to take a taper pin, smack it in there, and then grind the sides flat.

Still looking for someone with a hydraulic press, 5, 6, 12, 20 ton. Anything to get this pin out. PM me and we can set up a time to get this guy out!:)

Harbor Freight has a 12 ton for a decent price... I am very glad that I invested in mine because I use it now for all kinds of BS. Not just folding AK flats. I can roll HK flats and fold MAC flats. Press bearings, I have sraightened tweeked forks on a motorcycle, fixed a buddies bent tie rod end on his Toyota land cruiser. Great investment...just go get one and be done with it.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top