Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Need help finding stores that Sale Mosin Nagants Locally (Salem, Oregon)

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by Blazers11, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Blazers11

Blazers11 Salem, OR New Member

so i just need someones advice on where to look for mosins i know what to look for and all that when buying but need to find some shops
    locally everywhere ive been there out of stock or look at me like im an idiot or theyre asking 400 dollars for a normal 91/30...

2. Unka-Boo

Unka-Boo Milwaukie Active Member

Watch Big 5 if you have one down there, or have a local dlr order one from AIM surplus for you. Most are in decent shape, check the muzzle for sings of wear from over cleaning and whether its been counter bored....

3. Slowpoke

Slowpoke Beaverton Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

4. bennett91

bennett91 salem Member

Big 5 just listed them last weekend in their ad.

5. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

Big 5 on sale, I hand select and never take one less than 98% condition

unklekippy and (deleted member) like this.
  6. unklekippy

unklekippy In The Mountains Near Sprague River Well-Known Member

On a Mosin, I personally don't care about anything but the bore. They look like they were made with a hatchet and a soldering iron. Still, very accurate, functional weapons. When Big 5 has them on sale for $99, if you can get one with a good bore you are doing well.

7. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

I have a bunch of them from Big 5 that are 98% or better, many with all matching numbers, many hex receivers, and all with full accessory package.. I go there, sort thru the ones they have, and have therm hold the guns till the next sale

8. Blazers11

Blazers11 Salem, OR New Member

i forgot to mention i have a rain-check for a mosin at big 5, but they've been taking forever so i went pawn shopping today and ran
    across a izsh '42 i usually don't go for war years but the thing was surprisingly well taken care of compared to others ive seen i wish i could take a picture
    but my camera fell down a cliff not too long ago lol (long story).