JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi folks,

I have a Ruger MK3 Hunter with a 6.9" barrel and a Burris FF red dot. I want to change to a pistol scope but I am unsure which one to pick. There are quite a few 2x fixed magnification available and a few 2x6 or 2x7. Most important is eye-relief, but then I am wondering ...

I'd like the option to "zoom in" but it comes at a price: longer scope, heavier weight, lenses that comes lose over time, etc. Have been looking at BSA, UTG, Simmons, Bushnells, etc. For my rifles I have Leupolds, but I am not willing to spend that kind of money for this pistol right now.

My anticipated range is 20-100 yds. With rifles I am typically at 4x when shooting 100 yds, but that doesn't mean I could not do with 2x. Have not tried it, to be honest.

Any experienced pistol scope shooters' advice?

Thanks much.

The lower magnification pistol scopes are easier to use. As the power increases it is more difficult to get the proper eye relief/position to get a full field of view. Stick with a 2x or 4x. It is just a 22 so you shouldn't need anything expensive to get the job done... I prefer the Leupold pistol scopes, but I guess I am a bit of an optics snob, I have a hard time wasting money on inferior products. I wouldn't dream of putting one of the previously mentioned brand scopes on any of my guns. Good gear aint cheap and cheap gear aint good...

I got a BSA 2x for 59$ at Walmart, and from what I can tell the eye-relief is great. Also everything between 3yds and 100yds appears clear and sharp. Now I just need to zero it in and shoot it for a while. If I can hit the bulls eye reliably at 50 yds from a rested position, this will replace my 10/22 as a bug out.

I'm taking the weaver 4x off my casull its just too hard to get a target in sight. I've got a 2x Nikon ordered to replace it. Ya did right getting a 2x scope.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top