JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
First...note to self...NEVER loan a gun to a "friend". I have a Dan wesson 44 with 3 barrels, 5,7 and 9. It now has a bent ejector rod for the cylinder. I was told the only way to fix this is to send it to factory? Correct? Also if I was to sell it as is, anybody have a suggestion as to a price? Does not have barrel wrench or original case. Input is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Get hold of CZ USA,they are the source for DW now. The girl that handles DW worked for them before CZ,so she knows her stuff. I know this from a friend's active chatter with her. He bought about 10 last year.

I don't think there should be any problem finding the part or getting it fixed and not fixing it will detract a bunch from the gun.
Kinda like the guy who drops the price on a car in half cause he doesn't want to buy a battery.

I looked up DW's on the Numrich Gun Parts web site and the schematic shows the part in question to be sold out, but it appears to be a solid rod, not hollow like S&W, Ruger and Colts.
You could unscrew the rod and then try to straighten it out using a brass hammer and a piece of leather to cushion the blow.
S&W, Ruger and Colt are generally left hand threads.
I have a set of plastic jaw covers for my vice.
Use some leather or brass sheet stock if you don't have any other protective jaw covers.
I clamp the ejector rod in the protected vice, then rotate the cylinder by hand.
You might be able to do this without removing the cylinder from the frame, just by carefully tweaking it in the vice jaws until straight.

IMAG2646-1.jpg IMAG2644-1.jpg I'm off work next week. So I'm going to take it to be repaired. I could probably do it my self as described but I would rather let a pro do it.

IMAG2644-1.jpg

IMAG2646-1.jpg

Oooh, that's nice!

Wesson's are tricky to price. Up until a couple of years ago they were the best kept secret in the biz. Couldn't hardly give one away. But since CZ bought the name, they are having sort of a revival. The early ones (IMHO) are by far the best. Super acurate, great triggers. A real pleasure to shoot. (I like my Monsoon Porkchop .357 better than friends' GP100 and 686.)

.44 is slightly more rare than .357; I'd estimate around $600 for the pistol and about $250 for each of the additional barrels. But that's as much a wild *** guess as anything..

-JP

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads