JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So Me and my lady Have started to jog every night usually 2-3 miles... So i was curious what would be the best lightest weight gun to carry? id prefer 9mm or .40 but that's just me. im open to other calibers to... and also where and how should i carry it? Ankle? belly band? :confused:

Depending on the clothes you wear, you might be able to pocket carry. I myself like IWB for most things, but I'd imagine a belly band or Smartcarry/Thunderwear would work well for jogging. If it were me (I don't do much jogging ;) ) I would try to find something that stays nice and tight against the body and won't move around as much.

As for pistols, I'd recommend a Kel-Tec PF9, polymer framed Kahr, a subcompact Glock, or maybe a subcompact MP9/40.

I carry a Beretta Jetfire in .25 caliber in my right pocket on daily walks. I don't leave the house unarmed, even to get the mail (the mailbox is up the street a ways), and the Jetfire, while not much gun, is at least better than no gun at all. It's lightweight, to be sure, but best of all, it's 100% reliable.

A .32 Kel-Tec. It's light and easy to carry. You can get a pocket clip or stick it in a zipped pocket on a pair of jogging shorts. Most running clothes are not really designed for concealed carry--so weight is a huge factor. Not the most powerful round in the world, but you will already be warmed up so it should be easier to run away.

I don't jog but use a fanny pack and a Glock 26 or snub revolver for walking. The fanny pack is just a standard pack (not designed for a gun) with a pocket that will hold a small gun. A 38 or 9mm or bigger would be my choice in calibers. Good luck : Bill

Sig's new P238 is a nice light gun, 380 +p loads in a short barrel will have characteristics close to a 9mm, Carry options are numerous as have been suggested for other guns. Fanny pack is the most common option for jogging but there's a chest pack I've seen as well.

Sig's new P238 is a nice light gun, 380 +p loads in a short barrel will have characteristics close to a 9mm, Carry options are numerous as have been suggested for other guns. Fanny pack is the most common option for jogging but there's a chest pack I've seen as well.

+P .380? Are you talking about Buffalo Bore or something?

I would check that the Sig P238 is rated for such. I'm not saying it's not, it's just that the manual doesn't mention it and I don't think +P .380 is very common.