JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Did they repeal the regulations regarding soldiers weapons? Unit SOP is standardized as is the weapon system load outs. Do you honestly think that your buddies unit armorer is going to swap out the flash suppressor for your buddy? Modifying military weapons is a quick way to get sent to Ft. Leavenworth during war. Optics are completely different, as are magazines since they're accessories and don't change the physical properties of the weapon system. He better ask his unit commander before he decides to just have it done.

i ordered my buddy magpul CTR stock, MIAD Grip both in FDE, V-tac sling with a QD rail attachment and his CO let him use them. It all depends, I say send it. Although, doesnt the standard bird cage FH do better on flash than the vortex? send him the Vltor FH birdcage replacement

I am unsure of local - sellers - I ordered one direct this year- but I called my order in.
Customer Service, Retail Sales

Phone: (480) 964-1818
FAX: (480) 921-9987

I will say that it is highly effective - I tried it on a buddies 10" barrel AK pistol - which has an incredible muzzle flash during daytime - This same design is even used on the .50 cal BMG and is effective on that as well - even on Full Auto -
They are solid and heavy and not like the cheap-o thin metal that you see at Gun Shows ( but they are not inexpensive) - They are harden as well - only complaint is that their are no detent locks. ( yet it does have a channel so that it can be safety wired on ( so that it doesn't back off on you while your firing.)

http://www.smithenterprise.com/spec/50_with_no_vortex.MPG
http://www.smithenterprise.com/spec/50_with_vortex.MPG

Customer Service, Retail Sales

Phone: (480) 964-1818
FAX: (480) 921-9987

The Vortex design actually tightens the flash hider as its fired due to the angle cuts. No worries about backing off. The AK version does not have the detent for this reason.

I have been chewing on the thought of selling mine - it is highly effective even on the shorty AK pistol (12" barrel no fire balls - ) The flash suppressors that you see at the gun shows are more or less a joke the Vortex is about 5-6 times as thick as the cheap-o ones that you can buy at the shows. as welll as being manufactured to last for thousands upon thousands of rounds they are heat treated and chemically treated to last with a nice thick layer of zinc oxide. Yet the axiom you get what you pay for - having sat behind a fiddy cal (.50 cal) - and "let her rip" the fireball from the barrel can be incredibe and blinding, yet the effectiveness of the vortex is mind \-blowing to say the least.

If you are chewing on a vortex shoot me a PM, I am more than willing to let yopu try it out for yourself - ( You provide your own ammo).

I might even be willing to part with it ----- as well I have a barrell thread cutter if needed.
---Jonathan

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads