My RMR Glock 41

Discussion in 'Semi-Automatic Pistols' started by NWMA, Jan 2, 2017.

Tags:
  1. NWMA

NWMA
    Washington

g41 twitter.jpg

I carry 357 Sig more than anything else, but awhile back I had the opportunity to shoot a G41 and loved it. Next thing I know I took one home...

Slide milling, BUIS and trigger from Suarez International. I undercut the trigger guard as I do all my Glocks, it just makes shooting more comfortable to me. The gun balances and points very well, much like a G34.

Most of my time is spent shooting at reasonable self-protection distances but I do think it's important to develop long range shooting skills with pistols. The 45 drops a lot more than others but 100 yards is easy with this gun. Longest shot I've made with this one was around 180.

2. Jerderv

Jerderv
    Vancouver

Nice looking pistol! I have a 41 as well and i really enjoy it.

NWMA likes this.
  3. CHLChris

CHLChris
    Portland Metro East
    Love me some guns! Silver Supporter

My heart just lept in my chest. Wow, what an awesome pistol. Looks like you chose some sort of gray Cerakote?

NWMA likes this.
  4. NWMA

NWMA
    Washington

Thank you. I like that pistol a lot, and I thought the pic turned out well :)

That is Titanium Aluminum Nitride. It's a metal plating that is supposed to be even tougher than Glock's melonite process. It has more lubricity than a stock Glock slide (though I still grease the rails) and makes cleaning even easier. And it happens to look nice. It's not really necessary but after getting the slide milled for the RMR I prefer the slide to be refinished.

Ceracote is nice for different colors, and it's great for corrosion resistance, but it doesn't stand up so well to holster wear.

5. CHLChris

CHLChris
    Portland Metro East
    Love me some guns! Silver Supporter

I agree about Cerakote. I milled my competition slides, then Cerakoted them. Since I compete whenever possible and dryfire practice all the time, those slides get hundreds of draws a month. They show the wear, very much so!!

6. NWMA

NWMA
    Washington

Some folks like that look, which is cool. It's not my thing though.

I've got an old Gen 2 Glock with NP3 by Robar. It's got some holster wear over the years but it's mild. It has held up extremely well.

7. NWMA

NWMA
    Washington

The look of wear I mean. I think brand new ceracote looks great!

8. Kruejl

Kruejl
    Hillsboro
    Moderator of the Coriolis effect Staff Member Gold Supporter

That's a fine looking machine. Who said Glocks are ugly? I've got a 34 and happen to think it looks like one tough SOB.

NWMA likes this.
  9. Robo

Robo
    Olympic Peninsula

I just picked up one of these MOS bad boys. I was surprised to see that it's lighter than the Glock 21 even though it's an inch longer. The slide is narrower and the barrel is not as beefy. Its a "thing of beauty" to be sure and it handles and shoots great, especially with the Trijicon RMR attached.:)

10. Reco

Reco
    Portland Oregon

I just got a Glock 34 and it feels and looks awesome I can imagine how the Glock 41 in 45 must feel!

Robo likes this.
  11. Travispitt

Travispitt
    Estacada

We have the 10mm it is amazing. Thinking about doing a 34 or 17l but I don't think they do the 17l in an MOS yet IMG_1143.JPG

Alexx1401 and 308 like this.
  12. sigloczak

sigloczak
    Redmond, WA

Very nice! The G41 is my favorite .45 that I own. Sometimes it's hard to admit that I like shooting it better than my 1911s. How long was the turn time for the cut? I was thinking of sending mine to Suarez to do the same.

13. H2O MAN

H2O MAN
    Georgia - USA

Very nice ... my 41s are my favorite .45s
    IMG_5939.JPG

14. 308

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Anyone care to comment why the RMR was selected over the Deltapoint Pro?

15. Travispitt

Travispitt
    Estacada

I wanted a batteryless option. But both seem like good optics

308 likes this.
  16. 308

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thanks...good point. I see companies out there willing to mill slides for RMRs but not so much for the Deltapoint Pro, so I was thinking I may have missed something

17. Travispitt

Travispitt
    Estacada

Well I think the RMR has been out for quite awhile now. Quite a bit longer than the deltapoint. That may have something to do with it

308 likes this.