JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I finally made the decision to buy a Colt Gold Cup Trophy 1911 as a target/competition piece to supplement the Sig C3 carry 1911 I've had for a couple of years and still love. I'd gone back and forth between similar models from Springfield, S&W, Sig, Kimber, etc and just kept coming back to this. It's not as drop dead gorgeous as some of them, but it's just a classic, classic gun that shoots like it's part of your hand.

I took it out to the range today and ran 100 effortless rounds through it and got the sights dialed in. The first 20 rounds were low and left, but all in about a three inch circle. Moved them up and over and it shot like a dream. As always, the gun is more accurate than I am, but in this case, way more accurate. Zero problems, too. No FTFs, no FTEs, no stovepipes, no failures to lock back on empty mags. Just smooth shooting one round after another. Amazing gun. I'll be looking to replace the grips with VZs or something other than the stock Colt wrap around grip, but even with those it looks great and shoots even better.

My pocketbook is much leaner now, but I think it's well worth the price. And it looks like I got a pistol that's perfect right out of the box. I didn't have my iPhone with me at the range to take pictures, but I'll post pics of the target the next time I get a chance to shoot it. Could be a week or two, since I'm moving from Vancouver to our new home in Battle Ground this weekend.

MyColtGoldCupTrophy.jpg

I'm already addicted. I've been through about six 1911s so far, mostly lower-end guns like Rock Islands and Paras that were still great shooters. The other 1911 that I still have and love and is another exceptional shooter is my Sig C3, which is probably the best looking 1911 I've seen and carries like a dream, since it has an officer's sized grip and a commander's sized slide on top of an alloy frame. Here it is, just for reference (and reverence) sake. :)

09FC8011-7D55-4C71-98BF-C24E1691FBA5-5005-000006D9FBF8787F.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top