JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
OK the first AR pistol build was great too easy i just slapped together parts.

Now for a real build i have the following parts what am missing:

1. Spikes tactical lower
  2. Spokes tactical pistol buffer tube
  3. Wilson single stage tactical ttu trigger
  4. BAD *** Safety selector stainless steel ambidexterous
  5. Spikes tactical trigger guard
  6. Pearce 1911 AR grip adapter
  7. custom 1911 grips with Crusader Crosses on each side
  8. para cord wrapped buffer tube
  9. 6.5 inch 9mm barrel
  10. Olympic arms free float quad rail
  11. Olympic arms flat upper
  12. Olympic arms 9mm BCG
  13. CMMG LPK
  14. magpul flip up sights
  15. sightmark red dot

I would love to know what i am missing for the perfect indoor AR pistol.

Gunfighter charging handle with med. latch :)
bcm-gfh4.jpg

Here is the Last item #18 not sure if I should add this

18- Magpul Angled forward grip (not to be confused with a vertical forward grip which is very illegal)

Ditch the cmmg LPK and the Wilson trigger. Go with a PSA LPK minus trigger group and get a Geissele trigger.
Barrel- I'd hunt for a TROS 5" 3-Lug if possible. 5" barrel would be my preference but a small thing. Also I'd ditch the Quad and pick up a LP Vtac, Apex, or similiar smooth rail. Mine is a chopped RRA (SBR obviously)
IMG_9788.jpg
IMG_9798.jpg

I was trying to decide between the Wilson combat AR 3T TTU and the Geissele "Guys-lee" SSA. I was in Rainer Arms and was able to feel the pull and break side by side. I actually intended to buy the Geisslee SSA upon entering but I was tempted by the precision in the pull and break of the Wilson Combat 3t TTU. The reset on the Wilson is unbelievably quick.

I am leaning toward the Wilson but I have many lowers and I am planning to build them in many configurations until I have one that "Feels" right.
Your setup is Smmoooooth to say the least. Is that magwell blocked for Glock mags?

I am also thinking of making one a takedown version. I have found a folding buffer tube and quick release barrel making the AR a small package indeed.

Ditch the cmmg LPK and the Wilson trigger. Go with a PSA LPK minus trigger group and get a Geissele trigger.
Barrel- I'd hunt for a TROS 5" 3-Lug if possible. 5" barrel would be my preference but a small thing. Also I'd ditch the Quad and pick up a LP Vtac, Apex, or similiar smooth rail. Mine is a chopped RRA (SBR obviously)
IMG_9788.jpg
IMG_9798.jpg

I built that years ago. Can't remember the company the block was from but wasn't a Hahn. A light, short reset trigger on a 9mm AR pistol- meh. But to compare apples to apples try the SD3G. Have one on a different gun and it's AMAZING. Until I have the $$$ to swap all to Geissele I do the JP yellow spring mod and a set screw.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top