JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
WIth COVID-19, I needed something to keep me occupied. :D Just wanted to share my experience with my 6.5 Grendel build a bit...

I started with some basic research and came across 5 Best 6.5 Grendel Uppers [Hands-On] - Pew Pew Tactical and decided to go with Sanders Armory for the upper. I started by contacting them through email and asking some basic questions and Diane closed the deal for me and I ordered my first 24" barrel 6.5 Grendel w/ side charge on 4/22/20. I was told ahead of time that some item was on back order and would have to wait 7-10 business days. I was okay with that as I was not in a rush. Came 5/7/20, I got an update and it was shipped! But my luck would have it, it took USPS almost a week after receiving the item from Sanders Armory to get it out of FL. Then finally, I received the upper on 5/15/20! I mate it with Aero Precision AR-15 lower and mostly AP build parts except for the trigger, which is from ALG Defense.

5/17/20 8am, I was at the range! I didn't get around to the Grendel as I was working with my kids to make sure they are comfortable (Ruger Precision 22LR and S&W MP15-22). Right towards the second half, I started to get the Grendel ready and quickly to my disappointment. This upper has a side charge and it would not go into battery at all! :( I fired another box of#8 with my Stoeger M3000 and called it a day.

Once I got home, was pretty tired and took time to clean every firearm before dealing with the Grendel. Gave the Grendel few more tries (loading a round), took some pictures, and wrote a detail email to Sanders Armory. Gave it 24 hours and wrote them another email on Monday 5/18/20 night. They wrote back 5/19/20 4am my time and immediately offered to call me when I am available. Since I have meetings, Kelly exchanged several emails with me (very quickly, like matter of minutes) and resolved the problem over email (less than 20 minutes) and no call needed. At the end, it had nothing to do with their product quality, it was my inexperience with side charge.

At the end, I am very happy with the product, can't wait to go out again to try this thing out! Thank you Kelly and Diane Sanders!

Congrats on the new Grendel. I have had a love hate relationship with them. I bought one directly from Alexander Arms when they first came out had issues with it. Customer support at AA was terrible maybe better now? Being an AR guy I solved the problems myself but didn't want to start making any changes on my own that could void a warranty that is why I called them first.

The 6.8 SPC came out and like a lure to a sucker fish I sold the grendel and went to 6.8 spc and really liked the 6.8 SPC. But when better mags came out for the 6.5 and other companies besides AA started selling them, I thought I would give them a second try because they are great performers. I went crazy and bought a few trying to decide what I wanted and ended up deciding to keep the lightest one for a lightweight brush deer hunting rifle that I can also shoot cheap steal cased ammo through.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top