JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Greetings,
I'm still trying to find my way around here but I just wanted to share some pics of my DPMS Oracle.
I replaced the stock furniture with a Magpul hand guard, vertical grip and stock, Magpul "V" Trigger Guard. The rubber pistol grip is ATI Scorpion. The optics are the Vortex Strike Fire 2 and Vortex 3x Magnifier. I found I group better with the green dot compared to the red dot.

Magpul CTR corner rear view.JPG Magpul CTR front view.JPG DPMS Vortex Magpul view.JPG DPMS Vortex Optics view magnifier open.JPG

Last Edited:
Good looking gun!

Not required but the only other things I like to add is a Magpul bad lever and a BCM large latch charging handle. It makes it easier for me to shoot right or left handed.

I have never tried the ATI Scorpion grip but it does look good.

Enjoy it.

<broken link removed>

<broken link removed>

Thank you. I was looking into one of those Ambi charging handles too. I was looking into one of those Velocity or Rise triggers and the reviews haven't been great. I think I'll just save up a little more for one of those Timney or Geissel (Spelling?) triggers. What poundage would you folks recommend for a self defense AR?.

I think I'll just save up a little more for one of those Timney or Geissel (Spelling?) triggers. What poundage would you folks recommend for a self defense AR?.
now your talking ......get your hands on as many triggers as you can and try to figure out what poundage you like
If I listened to what most folks like to run for defensive I wouldn't be happy, I like a much lighter trigger than most suggest

Nice DPMS , they don't get a lot of praise they deserve.

I don't have any AR's built by a manufacture, I build my own but I have one that is barreled with a DPMS M12 18" and have straight embarrassed much " nicer" barrels.
I never tell anyone till they start asking.....reactions are always the same ....surprise !

Not required but the only other things I like to add is a Magpul bad lever and a BCM large latch charging handle.

Yes to the BCM CH. My PWS has a BCM CH on it and its my favorite one. Might even get one for my PSA. The bad lever, for range use its okay. When your heart is racing, it can slow you down. YMMV.

What poundage would you folks recommend for a self defense AR?

Personally, I just use a regular trigger. If its gritty either polish it or let time and use do its thing. If you don't like the weight of that or single stage triggers, try different ones from Geissele. What you like in weight might be different than what I'd like.

not many parts I cant stand or deal with....I cant stand a bad lever.
I love the idea, hate the feel , hate the space it takes....feels like the biggest wobbly piece of crap...

Those are bad things. The reason I hate it is because when you're heart is pumping you can easily end up releasing the bolt before you insert another magazine. On an obstacle course this is a bad thing.

My friend has CMC triggers, he buys his ambidextrous charging handle kits and oversized mag releases at CDNN Investments for $10 He's not a BAD Lever fan, they are meant for 3-Gunners on a timed course, and add nothing but complexity to a real world platform. When the adrenalin starts flowing one loses one's fine motor skills add gloves to the mix and things go south fast.

Thank you. I was looking into one of those Ambi charging handles too. I was looking into one of those Velocity or Rise triggers and the reviews haven't been great. I think I'll just save up a little more for one of those Timney or Geissel (Spelling?) triggers. What poundage would you folks recommend for a self defense AR?.
Geissele (pr: GUYS lee) http://geissele.com/

I recommend the SSA. This is a two stage trigger with a 2.5lb first stage and 2lb second stage for a total 4.5lb pull. The SSA-E is 2.3 and 1.2 if you have to have something lighter. I have both and like the SSA better for home defense. When I bought the first one I was torn between it and an adjustable trigger. On the one hand I liked the idea of being able to fine-tune the trigger to my taste, and on the other hand the reliability of a fixed pull really appealed to me. I'm glad that I went with the SSA. It doesn't need adjustment. It's perfect the way it is. Smooth, short pull through the first stage. Crisp, clean, consistent break on the second stage. Short reset, and you can blow right through the first stage when double-tapping without even noticing it. It's pricy at $220, but I've found them on sale for $190 or $180 before. I haven't tried the G2, so I can't tell you how it compares to the other two. Being a Geissele, it's probably pretty nice.

Geissele (pr: GUYS lee) http://geissele.com/

I recommend the SSA. This is a two stage trigger with a 2.5lb first stage and 2lb second stage for a total 4.5lb pull. The SSA-E is 2.3 and 1.2 if you have to have something lighter. I have both and like the SSA better for home defense. When I bought the first one I was torn between it and an adjustable trigger. On the one hand I liked the idea of being able to fine-tune the trigger to my taste, and on the other hand the reliability of a fixed pull really appealed to me. I'm glad that I went with the SSA. It doesn't need adjustment. It's perfect the way it is. Smooth, short pull through the first stage. Crisp, clean, consistent break on the second stage. Short reset, and you can blow right through the first stage when double-tapping without even noticing it. It's pricy at $220, but I've found them on sale for $190 or $180 before. I haven't tried the G2, so I can't tell you how it compares to the other two. Being a Geissele, it's probably pretty nice.
Thanks for the recommendation on the SSA. A neighbor of mine also recommended Geissele trigger. I'm just gonna save for the SSA.

As compared to stock triggers, the SSA is smooth. And the break...like an icicle. I can't speak for any others out there, but my $155/ea was well spent. Very pleased.

I appreciate all the assistance. I've been out of the AR game since the late 90's. I was mainly into Mini-14's and revolvers as both were our duty firearms. I still have my mini-14 and I have an addiction to wheel guns. There's no cure for this addiction!. Ruger firearms (2).JPG

I appreciate all the assistance. I've been out of the AR game since the late 90's. I was mainly into Mini-14's and revolvers as both were our duty firearms. I still have my mini-14 and I have an addiction to wheel guns. There's no cure for this addiction!. View attachment 279155
As the owner of an SP101, you have my attention. :)
You put the prettiest one front and center - good for you.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top