JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I had a local gun builder bring an idea of mine to life. What do you think:

IMG_0938.jpg

Da' business end-

IMG_0939.jpg

It isn't threaded it is about .0025 over the outside barrel diameter and a 10 ton press made it look like this:

IMG_0941.jpg

Which is only a close up of this after I touched it up with some Flat Black Krylon:

IMG_0949.jpg

Which looks like this in the day light:

IMG_0950.jpg

and this:

IMG_0953.jpg

Next it needs to be refinished in a nice Gun-Kote with the PG and Handguard to match the MagPul FDE but stock.

SF-

Looks great SF! Got some GunKote on the way for ya! Is your builder going to be offering those muzzle devices for general consumption anytime soon? I'm sure they'd be pretty popular sellers.

pretty cool looking! although I cant help but think it looks like a modified hole saw? Is the name Rigid or Lennox stamped somewhere on the side of that thing?

Don't understand the question, what is a 'modified hole saw'?

This FH was made right in front of me. The machinist literally asked me how I wanted and since the Chinese Front sights are a pain to take off, it was made to be pressed on.

So what is it you are asking?

SF-

Don't worry, I got the hole saw joke. Its an apt comparison.

Also, thanks for clarifying why you had it pressed on. It looks very similar to the YMH flashhiders for the AR's...

WOW! What inner diameter are those things? Maybe I will use it as a Muzzle device on a Shotgun. Just kidding. I can see the similarity between my creation and this hole saw.

Parsons, I get the joke leave me alone I am sensitive about about my feelings and they get hurt easily.... dang there I go again getting all emotional like that, where is my 'feelings journal'? I need to write this in there......

I still haven't fired that AK yet. Need to see it at night

SF-

Nice looking rife SilverFox...
That is a great idea for a FH. It looks wicked and the best part is that you are doing it on your own. Good on ya.
Got me thinking about modding a extra bird cage FH that I have laying around (for a semi auto AKM)...
Again great idea...
-A

What's a hole saw? Really?!! Damned commissioned grunts... :D :p

Seriously, I think that's high speed... I have "aggressive end" FH's on my "military style" rifle's... don't forget to post photo's when you take a core sample from a bad guy's sterum with that bad boy! :s0155: