JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ever since the Ruger Gunsite Scout Rifle came out, I've loved them...except the laminate stock. First I really wanted a walnut stock version, but then when they came out with that for a dealer exclusive, I heard the wood was less than impressive. Finally they released a synthetic version! I did a little selling lately, and told myself I was going to buy one while I had the cash, so today, I figured there's nothing more American than buying a new gun on the 4th! I set out to find a synthetic/blued version. When I walked into Cabela's, there it was, a STAINLESS/synthetic one! I had to have it. I paid more than I wanted to, but they gave me a little break on it. Out the door I was $912.00. I love it. I got home and played with a couple optics I have already. I will be ordering another VX-II 1.5-4 IER next week, to keep on it (current one is for my .45-70). So, some pictures!

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Congrats. May you enjoy many years of great shooting with it.

I was in Cabela's Sherwood on Friday - they had a gunsite scout in the gun library, wood stock, looked liked it was shot a lot and carried roughly. My kind of gun. I was impressed how light it was, but not as light as the Steyr Scout.

Congrats. May you enjoy many years of great shooting with it.

I was in Cabela's Sherwood on Friday - they had a gunsite scout in the gun library, wood stock, looked liked it was shot a lot and carried roughly. My kind of gun. I was impressed how light it was, but not as light as the Steyr Scout.

Hmm, they must have sold it quick! I was there yesterday and they didn't have a used one.

This synthetic model came with a sticker on it claming that it only weighs 6.25lbs. It's light!

Hmm, they must have sold it quick! I was there yesterday and they didn't have a used one.

Yeah, that's how I learned how to put a gun on hold. Some used guns there aren't a good value, some are. I looked at a Tikka T3 Stainless, went back the next day and it was gone.

I saw mostly military arms - M1's, 1 Garand, a bunch of Yugo's, and one that looked like an Enfield my dad brought back from the War.

6.2# sure is light! Happy carrying!

I stopped by the range to shoot my new TPR the other day and it was as busy as I have ever seen it
4 people ,including me,lol
So 1 guy is sighting in his ruger sr 762.Seems the new flash hider/muzzle brake strings out the shots
The 2 guys on the end were shooting the scout,so I went down to ask about it.
Hey go ahead and shoot it!! OK!
Golden with his hand loads at 165gr (sorry didn't get the whole recipe)
There is a bucket at 436 yards,up hill a little,held crosshairs on top and hit.Bald spot on the hill at 500 yards,held it a little above and ,hit. First for me on the rifle and first shots at 500 yards
The owner and his buddy had the same results
You may just fall in love with this rifle.I know I did

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top