Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

My 4th of July Purchase!

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by RedneckRampage, Jul 4, 2015.

1. RedneckRampage

RedneckRampage Newberg Well-Known Member

Ever since the Ruger Gunsite Scout Rifle came out, I've loved them...except the laminate stock. First I really wanted a walnut stock version, but then when they came out with that for a dealer exclusive, I heard the wood was less than impressive. Finally they released a synthetic version! I did a little selling lately, and told myself I was going to buy one while I had the cash, so today, I figured there's nothing more American than buying a new gun on the 4th! I set out to find a synthetic/blued version. When I walked into Cabela's, there it was, a STAINLESS/synthetic one! I had to have it. I paid more than I wanted to, but they gave me a little break on it. Out the door I was $912.00. I love it. I got home and played with a couple optics I have already. I will be ordering another VX-II 1.5-4 IER next week, to keep on it (current one is for my .45-70). So, some pictures!

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

2. Goosebrown

Goosebrown Beaverton Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer

I have not loved the wood on Rugers (except the #1) for ages. Solid guns, but the wood is not my style. Had a #3 in the late 1970s and it was beautiful except the wood...

3. edslhead

edslhead Vanc Gold Supporter Gold Supporter Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter

I like it!!!

4. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Very nice scout rifle! Happy Independence Day!:D

5. P7id10T

P7id10T Cedar Hills Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Congrats. May you enjoy many years of great shooting with it.

I was in Cabela's Sherwood on Friday - they had a gunsite scout in the gun library, wood stock, looked liked it was shot a lot and carried roughly. My kind of gun. I was impressed how light it was, but not as light as the Steyr Scout.

6. RedneckRampage

RedneckRampage Newberg Well-Known Member

Hmm, they must have sold it quick! I was there yesterday and they didn't have a used one.

This synthetic model came with a sticker on it claming that it only weighs 6.25lbs. It's light!

7. P7id10T

P7id10T Cedar Hills Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Yeah, that's how I learned how to put a gun on hold. Some used guns there aren't a good value, some are. I looked at a Tikka T3 Stainless, went back the next day and it was gone.

I saw mostly military arms - M1's, 1 Garand, a bunch of Yugo's, and one that looked like an Enfield my dad brought back from the War.

6.2# sure is light! Happy carrying!

8. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

I stopped by the range to shoot my new TPR the other day and it was as busy as I have ever seen it
    4 people ,including me,lol
    So 1 guy is sighting in his ruger sr 762.Seems the new flash hider/muzzle brake strings out the shots
    The 2 guys on the end were shooting the scout,so I went down to ask about it.
    Hey go ahead and shoot it!! OK!
    Golden with his hand loads at 165gr (sorry didn't get the whole recipe)
    There is a bucket at 436 yards,up hill a little,held crosshairs on top and hit.Bald spot on the hill at 500 yards,held it a little above and ,hit. First for me on the rifle and first shots at 500 yards
    The owner and his buddy had the same results
    You may just fall in love with this rifle.I know I did

RedneckRampage likes this.
  9. ConcreteJungle

ConcreteJungle Eugene Well-Known Member

Nice!
    I've always wanted one as well.

I did the same and got myself a a present for 4th of July as well. :)