Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

My 16" upper for your 14.5" upper

Discussion in 'Part & Accessory Classifieds' started by BryanO, Jun 28, 2009.

1. BryanO

BryanO W.WA Member

I'm looking to go a little shorter. My upper is a DPMS flat top with a low pro sight block and an A2 birdcage. I'd like a 14.5" flat top upper with a pinned or otherwise fixed FH. Will throw some on top for a different FH or MB like a phantom or other. Pics below are of my rifle. It is currently scoped. This would be great for someone who wants to be able to attach a suppressor or change out the FH. Thanks,

Bryan.

IMG_0820.jpg

2. korntera

korntera Oregon Member

Do you have an SBR tax stamp on that receiver? It is illegal to have a barrel less than 16" in length without going through the ATF and paying a $200 tax stamp, but anybody that hs a 14.5 can probably help point you in the right direction.

3. treemanx

treemanx Spray, Or. Active Member

Im not sure if I understand what your after. I have a DPMS upper reciever that is 14.5 inches, but it has a FH that makes it the full 16". Is that what your talking about? Or an actual 14.5 inch total length with FH or MB? Im sure you have to get the tax stamp on that like korntera mentioned.

4. stmcelroy

stmcelroy Madras, OR Well-Known Member

RIF

He want a 14.5" upper with a pinned flash hider that will make the upper a legal 16" oal.

5. BryanO

BryanO W.WA Member

STMCELROY is correct, It needs to be permanently attached. I thought I was clear. Thanks.

6. BryanO

BryanO W.WA Member

No one wants to suppress their AR?