JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If I were to start again, I would still buy a 6.8 SPC. Have two, shoot them both, a lot.
Not sure what your issue is with changing a bolt. The bolt goes with the upper. Swapping an upper is a 30 second procedure.

Considering other options, I would abandon the 5.56 x 45 case altogether and use more rounds based on the 6.8 SPC brass: 6 WOA or 224 Valkyrie.

There are several projectiles specifically designed for the blk that expand down to around 1300fps. As long as velocity is above this threshold I would trust it will do the job. It may not be shock and awe with all the hydrostatic shock of a higher intensity round, but as long as it expands and penetrates the vitals , it will kill. The 30-30 Win has taken a few deer over 30 yds in it's tenure and the 300 blk will as well. There are manufacturers that are also making bullets made to expand at subsonic speeds as well like Maker bullets an Lehigh defense. I am currently using one made by Maker for my 458 socom.

https://www.barnesbullets.com/files/2016/03/VOR-TX-ballistics-for-web.pdf

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews