JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
hello all,

i'm soon to be moving to the portland area and wanted to get some feedback... i've always lived in the southwest where the gun laws are quiet liberal. i'm hoping that some of you can answer some of my questions about oregon, guns laws, and selling...

** i have some rifles that i'd like to sell to help with my move. i'm wondering how the market is there? (i'll be making a list of what i have shortly -- will post soon) would it be prudent to sell here in new mexico or will i have no problems selling in the portland area...

** can i sell person to person? any restrictions or guidelines i should be aware of?

** i have CCW for nevada and utah. what is the current reciprocity status?

** are there any gun clubs or outdoor shooting ranges?

thank you very much!

--carlos

Welcome Carlos, Portland is a fun and safe city. Number one in nation for micro brew beer consumption and small breweries. Portland has become a real foodie town with many excellent one of a kind restaurants and food carts. Between the Ocean beaches and the mountains it is hard to beat. Despite it's liberalism Oregon remains a good state for gun owners. Shall issue CCW, no restrictions on magazine size, no restrictions on assault weapons, no gun registration. Tri-County Gun club is the largest. Douglas ridge is another excellent club with a 1000 yard range. Plus many other smaller clubs.
Check out the links. Good Luck have fun
Portland Events, Music, Art, Entertainment, Sustainability | PDXPIPELINE.com
Welcome to Tri-County Gun Club
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
Oregon State Shooting Association

Welcome.

There is a market for rifles here. No idea how it compares to NM.

OR allows FTF sales. Obey the federal laws and you'll be fine.

There are popular shooting areas around both ranges and shooting areas on public land. As far as outdoor ranges, Tri County Gun Club and Douglas Ridge Rifle Club are 2 popular rifle ranges. There's others but a lot of it is based on proximity which is also true of the shooting pits. It also depends on what you're shooting and the distance.

Hope this helps.

welcome to NWF ! well , it looks like some of the members have ya steared in the right direction already, but i have seen no mention of a thing called an "umbrella" , but thats ok ! you only need it once n awhile, and awhile, and awhile !! kinda like a good handgun !! LOL ! enjoy yourself, and good luck on the move !!

steven

thanks! i always keep a golf umbrella on left side of the driver seat... doesn't matter where i am, desert, sea, or rainy northwest, i'll always be prepared. i actually just prefer a good rain jacket, as with most umbrellas, one good wind and it's destroyed... i'm on my way up to restart teaching scuba diving, so one way or the other, i'm sure i'll have water in my ears! LOL

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top