JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Guys,

Looking to pick up an autoloading shotgun for the birds (am open to both waterfowl and upland; never hunted either) in this upcoming year, but don't have the $1600-$2000 budget for the Benellis and the like.

What would be my best bet for the most reliable and rugged I can get for $800 or less? Doesn't need to win any beauty competitions; just needs to go bang most every time.

I'm up to my eyeballs in sorting out the 12 v 20 (and what shell/action length) question, so if there are any compelling arguments to be made there, too, I'm all ears. I'm leaning towards the default non-magnum 12ga at the moment.

I would recommend the Franchi Affinity line of shotguns. They are owned by Benelli and are very nice for the price. I have a Franchi Affinity 20g that I bought new for $699, believe their 12g is the same price. Has the raised rib like the Benellis and everyone who has shot it loves it. I also have a Benelli Super Vinci and am seriously thinking of selling it because the Affinity is so good. Definitely worth a look.

Get an old Browning Auto-5. I have an old one but don't know what they go for. It goes bang all time long time.
Then I've got an old Ithaca something or other.. that one works real good too.
I got them both used for cheap a long time ago.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top