Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

mosin value

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by Adam9x, Nov 14, 2014.

1. Adam9x

Adam9x New Member

I have a 1941 Finnish m39 mosin with the straight stock from the best of my knowledge only 6200 were made like this anyone have an idea on the value

2. ogre

ogre Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

One was for sale on Armslist for $425 in August.

3. Adam9x

Adam9x New Member

Yeah I was just wondering I like it to much to sell but all my guns go into my insurance policy and I only got 100$ in it

4. Doc In UPlace

Doc In UPlace Tacoma-ish Well-Known Member

Doesn't matter what you have in it, the insurance is for replacement value, and you are reimbursed when you produce a receipt for having replaced it.

$360 plus shipping and FFL fee.

5. DieselScout

DieselScout S Clackamas County Well-Known Member

My insurance is an "agreed value" policy. I tell them how much coverage I want for my firearms and they give me a yearly payment to get that. They pay out, no receipt needed. My Dad has the same thing on a restored Scout we did for my Mom. The market doesn't reflect what it coats to replace it.

Three Bars likes this.
  6. Adam9x

Adam9x New Member

Good to know

7. Sabertooth

Sabertooth Josephine County Active Member

Mosin Nagant? From what I read they where made in the U.S to be shipped over seas during WW2. Some where kept in the U.S. and issued to the American military personal. My son picked up one that was made by Remington in 1917. The value in these rifle is dependent on who made them and what model they are and of course condition. You can also get military ammo or new ammo. Military is corrosive, so make sure you clean it after you use it. My son's is very accurate.

8. Slobray

Slobray Yelm, WA Well-Known Member

Sabertooth is right.

If you really want to know more about what you have, http://7.62x54r.net/ is a great web sight for just about everything Mosin.

Ray

9. Adam9x

Adam9x New Member

Thanks for all the input guys but I had a pro at a gun shop look at it to see if I was close on what I thought and I was its in between 1000-1500 range