JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
SOLD

I have a very nice condition M38 carbine for sale, this is the same length as an M44 but no folding bayonet to get in the way or add weight, these are also less common than M44s or 91/30s.

The metal is in very good shape with hardly any bluing wear, and the barrel is good with strong rifling and it's shiny, although counterbored like most M38s. All the numbers match. I refinished the stock to make it look nice, I used a rosewood colored stain and shellac, it looks really good.

I'm asking $200, or you can make me an offer. I'd also take trades for an SKS, factory .30-06 ammo, a new or very good+ M1 Garand barrel, or a new unfinished stock for a Garand. If you need some ammo to go with this I can sell you some. Any questions feel free to ask.

View attachment 208695

View attachment 208696

View attachment 208699

View attachment 208701

View attachment 208703

View attachment 208704

View attachment 208694 View attachment 208697 View attachment 208698 View attachment 208700 View attachment 208702 View attachment 208705

is it a correct M38 stock - i.e., no groove on the right side by the barrel for the bayonet? It was common for M38s to be put into M44 stocks. Its harder to find M38 in a correct M38 stock. If it is a correct M38 stock, kinda a shame you refinished it unless it was really bad shape.

It's in an M44 stock, if it was in an M38 stock I wouldn't have refinished it.

I actually received it refinished though, the guy before me had put a polyurethane finish on it, I just removed that and put a slightly more correct shellac finish on

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.