JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And you think this is a good thing or a bad thing? just curious...
Neither. I think it shows that the study is flawed, because it makes it look like carry permits are the cause, when they are probably just one of the effects of wealth - just like lower crime.

It's like saying that fat must make you live longer, based on comparing Americans to starving people in Sudan.

Neither. I think it shows that the study is flawed, because it makes it look like carry permits are the cause, when they are probably just one of the effects of wealth - just like lower crime.

It's like saying that fat must make you live longer, based on comparing Americans to starving people in Sudan.
I do not recall it mentioning that only wealthy people had permits? or that the survey only focused on P(less crime | "wealthy" permit holders) as opposed to P(less crime | permit holders).

I do not recall it mentioning that only wealthy people had permits? or that the survey only focused on P(less crime | "wealthy" permit holders) as opposed to P(less crime | permit holders).
I don't know what that second sentence means, but the study I'm sure doesn't mention anything about wealth or anything like that because the study is there to support an agenda.

The point I'm making is that people who live in nicer areas and have more money are more likely to bother spending some of it on guns and gun permits, while poorer people will not. But you will find that crime levels being low in those wealthier places are true whether it is in a place with lots of gun permits or not. And that's because crime comes from poverty, and criminals don't leave their neighborhoods very much to rob nicer neighborhoods that have more security, better policing and where they stick out.

So I very much doubt gun permits cause crime to be lower. Wealth causes crime to be lower and allows people to buy gun permits.

Although I must admit that "supporting an agenda" can have catastrophic results for many I would ask this of you. Would you support this supposed agenda if it helped to secure your 2nd amendment rights and furthered the idea that some of what the gun grabbers are disseminating to the public are falsehoods?

Although I must admit that "supporting an agenda" can have catastrophic results for many I would ask this of you. Would you support this supposed agenda if it helped to secure your 2nd amendment rights and furthered the idea that some of what the gun grabbers are disseminating to the public are falsehoods?
I do support the agenda - gun rights. But I don't find bad studies that are easy to see through and creepy video hosts do anything to further that agenda. Way too much preaching to the converted, and poorly equipping them to make the argument to the fence sitters.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top