Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Moderators: Delete Pictures

Discussion in 'Rifle Classifieds' started by Buster_NW, Aug 1, 2010.

1. Buster_NW

Buster_NW SW Portland Member

Attn: Moderators

I cannot post new photos because I have old ones up in "closed" threads. How do I delete these threads or pictures to clear more space??

Thanks,
    Buster

2. SavageGerbil

SavageGerbil Salem, OR Active Member

click your name, click "view public profile", click "statistics", find posts, then re-open the thread, click advanced edit, the image options will be below the post to edit, open it up delete pictures, then reclose

3. Duane

Duane Portland Member

For the life of me I can't figure out why you do not delete ads when someone sells an item and instead just mark them as 'Closed'. No one sees the closed button and people continue to ask the sellers questions about an item that's long gone. I know of no other site that does this and it's the only thing about this site that I do not like.

4. snew

snew Hillsboro, OR Active Member

Originally I think it was Joey's way of getting more hits during Google searches.

5. Buster_NW

Buster_NW SW Portland Member

Thank you, Gerbil. I performed the action per your instructions and it worked fine. Regardless, this is the most asinine attachment management process I've encountered.

To the Mods: Great site and I hope my criticism is taken constructively, but I am surely not the only user to have encountered this issue.

Buster

6. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

as far as I recall the picture capacity goes up if you become a contributing member. the reason for not deleting the classified ads gives a good reference to non knowing members what the going price of a firearms is.

My opinion is that you dont complain about something that is provided to you free of charge.:thumbup:

7. SavageGerbil

SavageGerbil Salem, OR Active Member

If no complaints were made, we wouldn't be continually working towards a better and better forum, complaints point out problems and lead to brain storming for improved ways of doing things

just my 2 cents

Buster, NP on the advice, that was the quickest way I found to take care of it when I had this problem quite a while back :) took a while to figure out I had to reopen the thread to manage attachments

8. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

:laugh::bluelaugh::laugh:

Yeah it's always a conspiracy!

The reason is so that there is some record in case the sale goes south and someone feels he got stiffed. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.