JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
More help might be forthcoming if your intended purpose for the gun is described. The Model 7 is a good gun, but the Short Magnum cartridges can be tempermental with feeding in bolt guns. Most work fine, I've dealt with two that did not. If you have a true need for a .30 caliber Magnum, you will want a gun with some mass, weight, and barrel length to realize the full advantage of the cartridge without too much felt recoil.

My Model 7 is in 7SAUM and when fired from the bench it jumps off the steady rest at the fore arm. It's a great package, I just think a 308 in it would do much of what the short mags do. Esp. with 165gr quality bullets.Good Luck

Model 7 with a 300 WSM would have quite to snap. I have a couple model 7s in 7mm-08. Great cartridge for this rifle. I tended to leave the high recoil cartridges to larger rifles, even light ones...Tikka

In smaller guns like a Model 7 or Ruger Compact I'd favor a 7mm-08 or a .308. Both cartridges do very well out of a shorter barrel. I believe that Model 7 has a longer barrel than the Compact, but neither one will allow the Short Mags to perform up to spec.They will just have a big bang, big flash and spend more of your money while they are at it!:s0159:

Anyone have one of these in 260 rem? This caliber has peaked my interest for antelope this year , then passing down to one of the kids for deer, yotes etc. The new Savage model 11 lightweight hunter looks promising also. Any feedback on the 260 would be much appreciated.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top