JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
I have for sale a single M1777 French Infantry musket in .69 caliber manufactured by Rajasthan Armoury. Tens of millions of "Charlevilles" were produced over the 18th century, and the 1777 was especially popular, with a total of 7 million being produced for France and her allies. The 1777 featured a number of standard features to the Charleville, such as the barrel bands giving added durability over the Brown Bess, the smaller caliber allowing a soldier to carry more cartridges on campaign, and the bottom-mounted bayonet lug, which made room for a front sight (opposed to the Brown Bess's rather crude dual-use of the bayonet lug AS the front sight). This one has never been fired, but it's twin has accompanied me to the range for several months with not a single misfire. Just to clarify, I'm a shooter, I don't reenact. When I go to the range it's with military charges and live lead flying down-range. These guns never fail to bring a smile to everyone nearby, and the fizz-BOOM of a flintlock always draws a conversation.

The 1777 had two major improvements over the 1766:

-Brass pan replaced the iron ones, prone to rust. The pan is angled ever-so-slightly forwards, directing most of the flash away from the user's face. A handy feature on a flintlock, and one I wish my Brown Bess 3rd Model had.
-The 'cow hoof' stock of the past that had been slowly losing its popularity and shape was done away with entirely in favor of a lighter, more compact stock. This lightened the piece by almost a pound. A cheek rest for right-handed shooters was carved into each stock; coupled with the lighter stock, it made target acquirement just a little easier for French soldiers.

Beyond that, some details:

Manufacturer: Rajasthan Armoury (same gentlemen who supply Loyalist, Military Heritage, etc)

Furniture: Iron

Fixings: Iron

Stock: Teak

Caliber: 69 (uses a .67 ball)

Weight: 10.5lb

Length: 59"

Issues:

-Perfectly functional, but as shown in the photos, I can definitely use a cleaning and polishing. No rust, just grime and grease from the factory. It's twin came simliarly covered, and it took me about an hour to get everything polished up, but this musket does function right out of the box.

-There's a 1" patch of ever-so-slightly rough wood on the left-hand side of the stock, about 3" towards the muzzle from the lock's screw head. I'd estimate less than 60 seconds with fine sand paper would fix it. Hardly an 'issue' but I wanted to be upfront about it.

Price is firm, this sells at Loyalist for $600, and the other places charge even more. Get yours for an actual fair price. I do not have any flint to spare, sorry, but these tend to enjoy 1" flint, black English if you can find it.

As this is black powder and there's no specific hassle to deal with, I am more than happy to ship this anywhere in the USA. It can be sent via USPS Ground and arrive on your doorstep, no FFL transfers required. Shipping is $50 additional, or $60 if shipping to Hawaii or Alaska.

20170801_172316(0).jpg 20170801_172326.jpg 20170801_172341.jpg

SOLD!

Admins, please comment here if I need to do anything specific to either delete the ad or otherwise mark as sold. As for anyone interested, I will have several more models for sale in a few weeks (M1842, M1777, M1777C, M1766, Brown Bess Short Land, etc), just keep an eye out!