JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
First let me start off by saying I have a marijuana posession charge on my record from 2004/2005. I no longer smoke marijuana (or drink for that matter). I live in vancouver and work in portland. I have my washington CPL. I was under the impression that having a misdemeanor of any sort would stop me from getting a concealed license for Oregon. I was reading the multnomah county application form and it asked if I have had a misdemeanor in the past 4 years (no). Next it asks if I have had a drug related misdemeanor followed up by questions relating to if I still do drugs (which i don't). My question is does a Marijuana posession misdemeanor charge (atleast 7 years ago) bar me from getting an oregon concealed license? What if I go and have it expunged? I know that I would also have to write a letter stating my case which to me seems simple enough because i work in portland (the druggie corner/hang out is litteraly right accross from my work drive way. They trespass onto the property to take ciggerette butts/sleep in the garbage area etc. There was also a woman raped on the stairs of my work place. Seems like a better case than most would have for just traveling/work). I could not find any information related to this specifically online. Any help would be much appreciated. I understand the responsibility of posessing a firearm and take it very seriously. Please understand that this was in the past and I have moved on. Thanks again for any information you are able to provide.

oregon does not grant non-resident permits, and has no reciprocity for any other states permits...sorry

============================================================

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSMK4gWNHPFE7q3yPDfaNYuNo2kGwn7cr4CVnC9ePXKBsbCQure.jpg

oregon does not grant non-resident permits, and has no reciprocity for any other states permits...sorry

They have no reciprocity with other states. The rest is BS!! I've had an OR non-resident permit for almost 20 years now. The Multnomah Co Sheriff does it everyday they're open for permit applications. Take the class, present the correct paperwork and you'll have your permit in a few weeks.

First let me start off by saying I have a marijuana posession charge on my record from 2004/2005. I no longer smoke marijuana (or drink for that matter). I live in vancouver and work in portland. I have my washington CPL. I was under the impression that having a misdemeanor of any sort would stop me from getting a concealed license for Oregon. I was reading the multnomah county application form and it asked if I have had a misdemeanor in the past 4 years (no). Next it asks if I have had a drug related misdemeanor followed up by questions relating to if I still do drugs (which i don't). My question is does a Marijuana posession misdemeanor charge (atleast 7 years ago) bar me from getting an oregon concealed license? What if I go and have it expunged? I know that I would also have to write a letter stating my case which to me seems simple enough because i work in portland (the druggie corner/hang out is litteraly right accross from my work drive way. They trespass onto the property to take ciggerette butts/sleep in the garbage area etc. There was also a woman raped on the stairs of my work place. Seems like a better case than most would have for just traveling/work). I could not find any information related to this specifically online. Any help would be much appreciated. I understand the responsibility of posessing a firearm and take it very seriously. Please understand that this was in the past and I have moved on. Thanks again for any information you are able to provide.

I know Oregon allows a single violation of ORS 475.864 unlawful possession of marijuana. I don't know if there is any exception for violating other state's drug laws. It's not in the statute, ORS 166.291.

Incorrect on the issuing of permits to non-residents. It is limited to bordering states though.
https://www.oregonlegislature.gov/bills_laws/ors/ors166.html
166.291 Issuance of concealed handgun license; application; fees; liability.
(8) The county sheriff may waive the residency requirement in subsection (1)(c) of this section for a resident of a contiguous state who has a compelling business interest or other legitimate demonstrated need.

About the marijuana possession though, on the application it does clearly asks you to certify the following: I have never been to court for any charge involving drugs. Just go into the sheriffs department and talk with someone, I am sure someone their can tell you if they would issue with a marijuana charge.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top