Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Mini 14 Mods?

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by xxprymexx, May 12, 2011.

1. xxprymexx

xxprymexx Oregon Member

I just picked up a Mini 14 185 series I believe. It is the stainless/wood version. Im thinking on adding a few things to made it more accurate and need some feedback.

1. Hogue overmold stock- Does it really inhance accuracy? The Tapco and ATI tactical stocks seem kinda cheesy. The rails on them are plastic and I woulnt think you could trust them to be true. Thoughts?

2. I also would like to add a accu-strut or something of the sort. It sounds like they do wonders for accuracy. Worth the money?

3. Which muzzle breaks or flash suppressors are recommended?

4. I would like to get some nice aluminum rails on the gun. Ideas? I saw a front assembly that runs around $100 and has two side rails, an upper, and a lower.

Thanks for your feedback!

2. The Quiet Man

The Quiet Man rural Washington County, Oregon Active Member

Not to diminish the value of any information you may receive on this site, but I recommend you spend some time on PerfectUnion Firearms | Just another WordPress site if you need Mini related information. That is what they do and all your questions will answered there... plus many you haven't yet considered.

3. 74sporty

74sporty metro portland Active Member

true shot tech on gunblast.com has a really nice combo package for cheap. It includes a bird cage type break, barrel strut and a hooded front sight. All for about $125. Good solid uprade