1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this week -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

Mid 70's Winchester Model 94s

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by Iceberg, Apr 26, 2010.

1. Iceberg

Iceberg Washington County Active Member

I just picked up a pair of like new mid seventies 30-30 Winchester Model 94s in a trade (very reasonably). One was made in 1974 and the other in 1977. What are they worth? Since they are post-1964 carbines, I was thinking of giving one to my 12 year old son as his 1st deer hunting rifle.
  2. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

I have a Win 94 NRA Centennial Rifle. It was made in 1971. They are decent rifles. Not as well made as the pre-64's, but still servicable. They seem to go in the $300 price range give or take depending on condition. It would be a perfectly fine first deer rifle. The only disadvantage are the limited options in mounting a scope, but I used mine for a brush gun and never worried about mounting a scope on it. The only change I would make is mounting something like a Williams 5D or FP receiver sight and doing away with the buckhorn rear.
  3. ruSSrt

ruSSrt WA Member

i really want one :) if you decide, maybe, to sell it let me know :)