JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Not to hijack a previous thread, I stated a new one. Since the middle of April, I had just planted a 10x20 tray of microgreens. I'm now on my third harvest. Along with my idiot proof Aerogarden, I've had enough salad to turn green. Second tray has lettuce which is 2 days from harvest and hydroponics failed sunflower. I should have read the instructions. :eek:

I probably have about $30-$40 into it. The most expensive items were the grow bulb and seeds. I still have quite a bunch of supplies for multiple plantings. I used coconut coir because its reusable. I just pull the plants, roots and all, and cut the roots off.

Its sits on a shelf. The light is bright enough I use it as my lamp. The lamp is on a power strip with a built in timer.

microgreens.jpg

Mircogreens supposedly at least 4x more nutritious than the grown counterpart. So, once I figure out how to run the lamp via solar and get another shelf going, I should be able to provide enough salad daily since it takes very little for a serving. BTW, I'm almost operating in the black. Fred Meyer sells a small tray of organic sprouts (comprable) for $3.25 or about one of my foil trays. This little get up will produce 10 foil trays with this harvest.

Not to hijack a previous thread, I stated a new one. Since the middle of April, I had just planted a 10x20 tray of microgreens. I'm now on my third harvest. Along with my idiot proof Aerogarden, I've had enough salad to turn green. Second tray has lettuce which is 2 days from harvest and hydroponics failed sunflower. I should have read the instructions. :eek:

I probably have about $30-$40 into it. The most expensive items were the grow bulb and seeds. I still have quite a bunch of supplies for multiple plantings. I used coconut coir because its reusable. I just pull the plants, roots and all, and cut the roots off.

Its sits on a shelf. The light is bright enough I use it as my lamp. The lamp is on a power strip with a built in timer.

View attachment 876695

Mircogreens supposedly at least 4x more nutritious than the grown counterpart. So, once I figure out how to run the lamp via solar and get another shelf going, I should be able to provide enough salad daily since it takes very little for a serving. BTW, I'm almost operating in the black. Fred Meyer sells a small tray of organic sprouts (comprable) for $3.25 or about one of my foil trays. This little get up will produce 10 foil trays with this harvest.
Broccoli seed sprouts are suppose to be very healthy and easy to grow.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top