JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
These are fairly new LPVOs by Meopta and from what little reviews I've seen almost all have been positive. Based on my prior experience with the brand (they also make the new carry handle optics for the AUG, terrific glass), I decided to pick one up with their KDot reticle. They also have a great warranty. Anyway, I will report on my experience and give a little mini review once I've had a chance to put it through its paces. If anybody has tried one or has one feel free to chime in! More people need to be aware of Meopta so they get a bigger presence stateside, they produce most optics in-house and the glass is excellent for the price.

Awesome. Is yours illuminated? I'm wondering if the dot is daylight bright.
Yes it is and yes it is! I got the mrad1 reticle and it's a little plus in the middle of the circle that's visible in the daylight. It's adjustable for brightness with an off position between the settings for convenience.

Yes it is and yes it is! I got the mrad1 reticle and it's a little plus in the middle of the circle that's visible in the daylight. It's adjustable for brightness with an off position between the settings for convenience.
All battery powered illuminated optics should have off positions like that. It's infuriating when they don't. I'm glad to hear you like the optic, I look forward to trying mine out.

I have a Optika 6 with the illuminated K-DOT 30mm tube and use it on my 308 absolutely beautiful glass . The only issue is I purchased that and another and see another in the future . I think they are way underrated and there is not many dealers that carry them I ordered mine from EUROOPTICS they have always treated me well .

Okay ya'll, I received the scope and mounted it to my AR and wanted to give my initial impressions. I had a Vortex Viper PSTII 1-6 and Burris RT6 as comparisons. The Meopta is shorter than the others and feels very sturdy and has great rubberized dials. Nice finish too. The throw lever is smooth and not stiff unlike the others. The turrets have decent clicks without a ton of mush. The glass is great, clearer than the RT6 and a better eye box than the Viper especially at high magnification. Good eye relief. Now the negatives: the reticle is dim, barely daylight visible. Disappointing. The Viper is better on 1x, a better "red dot" experience than the others at that power. I like the Optika's reticle despite the dim dot, it's simple and unobtrusive. Overall I'd stick with the Viper if it wasn't so cumbersome. The Meopta will be my new AR optic; it feels more durable than the others, has a nice throw lever that doesn't stick out too far, has a very smooth throw, clear glass, good eyebox, and punches above its weight class overall. For around $500 I'm very impressed!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top