Medford Rifle & Pistol Club Discussion
I'm the current Membership Director at MRPC and have been shooting for several years there. Below are my PRO/CONS of the facilities.
- $50.00 p/yr membership buys you a private range basically.
- The range is a flat open indoor square space of 25 yards with one wall as a bullet trap.
- Access is controlled by an electronic FOB and open 24/7 to members.
- More often than not, you are the only shooter in the building.
- You are allowed to shoot anyway you like as long as it's SAFE and in the direction of the traps.
- You can work on low/no-light shooting if you have the range to yourself.
- You can practice carbine work IF it is a pistol caliber or 22lr.
- Must clean up after yourself, sweeping floor and policing brass.
- They ask that you donate $1.00 per visit to help pay for the heating/lighting bills.
- NO CENTER FIRE calibers are allowed.
- You have to provide your own targets
It is now $75 per year to join.
I have tried to deal with a few of the Board Members on various safety/business matters, but they are all a bunch of narrow minded Good Ol' Boys.
I probably won't join again when my membership expires, but it won't matter.
Medford is growing so fast, hundreds of people are joining.
Jeez... Bad day or can nobody serve you to a satisfactory level?
Separate names with a comma.