JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Lift Oregon is not only bargaining with the legislature as to how 114 will be implemented, they are preparing to get the legislature to write and pass more laws this upcoming session.
Apparently it is common for initiative petition authors to be involved in the implementation. However, by my way of thinking, they composed text that the voters fell for (under a sweet and misleading ballot title) and their chance at influence should stop at that, They should have earned no title to Lobbyism or promotion tantamount to election as Legislators by that effort. They wrote it - period. Adios.
The measure imposes a severe cost in money to the State and its subdivisions yet Lift Oregon pays none of it because of their tax free status. So, why even speak with them regarding 114 looking forward? Deal with their damage within the established circles of government and fix what can be. fixed by the effort solely of the ELECTED representatives (including Sheriffs).
Here is what Lift Oregon has in mind:
Have a nice day

If you are holding out for judicial relief, just take a look at what a mess California remains after many, many years of insane and irrational gun tyranny.

Just a reminder for Oregonians...if you donate to the OFF Political Action Committee, your donation of $50 for a single filer or $100 for a joint/head of household filer, qualifies for an Oregon tax credit.

Oregonians can make a $50 donation to a qualifying political party/committee of their choosing each year and 100% get this contribution back as a credit on your Oregon tax return.
There may be income requirements of single filer making less than $75k and joint/household making less than $150k to get this credit - do your own research if concerned.

This is not a deduction, but a credit.
You send OFF PAC a $50/$100 donation; the state of Oregon gives you $50/$100 back on your tax return.
You are reimbursed in full for your contribution and OFF PAC gets $100 to help fight for our 2A rights.

This is a use-it-or-lose-it credit you can use each and every year.
If you haven't used your Oregon Political Tax Credit this year, I can't think of a better Oregon political cause/group to support than OFF PAC!

More info about OFF PAC - https://www.oregonfirearms.org/oregon-firearms-federation-political-action-committee
How to donate - https://www.oregonfirearms.org/join-support-off

I'm inclined to believe, just my opinion, that they DID NOT compose the language in M114. The organizations that bankrolled it probably did.

i.e. Everytown, Giffords, Bloomberg.

It's not going to end until and unless we can keep pounding them back. If we can break 114 and show them that it's a waste of money to continue, we have a chance of slowing them down. As long as there are people engaged in deceit and outright lies, it's not going to change. They have no desire whatsoever to save the lives of children and are instead dancing in their blood to pursue their radical, selfish, and immature fight against objects instead of seeking real change. There should be no doubt in anyone's mind that evil does indeed exist and it has taken the form of false prophets.

I'm inclined to believe, just my opinion, that they DID NOT compose the language in M114. The organizations that bankrolled it probably did.

i.e. Everytown, Giffords, Bloomberg.
Same difference. Lift Every Voice Oregon had TEXT pass a vote. Their involvement should be over and they should disappear back into the public. Interpreting the text is a job for others.

Imagine, after they get their wish, an Oregon with present day morality and ethics being hit by another Columbus Day-type storm, the Big Quake, serious flooding, widespread power outages. And inadequate or no means to protect your home, your block, and your business against the certain-to-arrive mobs and no way to legally obtain arms without a month or so forewarning.. Some of our mobs need no emergency at all to move them into action with no forewarning.
You know full well that in emergency the first to get government help are the government itself, then those in government custody, then those already in hospitals, and then infrastructure workers, and somewhere way down the list is the isolated, newly disarmed peon who will probably have to travel to a supply post to get his "help".
Devil take the hindmost will be the motto of the day.

Lift Oregon is not only bargaining with the legislature as to how 114 will be implemented, they are preparing to get the legislature to write and pass more laws this upcoming session.
Apparently it is common for initiative petition authors to be involved in the implementation. However, by my way of thinking, they composed text that the voters fell for (under a sweet and misleading ballot title) and their chance at influence should stop at that, They should have earned no title to Lobbyism or promotion tantamount to election as Legislators by that effort. They wrote it - period. Adios.
The measure imposes a severe cost in money to the State and its subdivisions yet Lift Oregon pays none of it because of their tax free status. So, why even speak with them regarding 114 looking forward? Deal with their damage within the established circles of government and fix what can be. fixed by the effort solely of the ELECTED representatives (including Sheriffs).
Here is what Lift Oregon has in mind:
Have a nice day

I hope the haven't botched it. They seem to be playing right into the opposition's hands with this argument:

"To the contrary, the only thing the ban contained in 114 ensures is that a criminal unlawfully carrying a firearm with a magazine over 10 rounds will have a potentially devastating advantage over his law-abiding victim."

So "standard capacity magazines" are more dangerous? Not the way I'd approach the issue, but what do I know? :s0092:

It might take a while, but the end of this road we're on is known.

14D9537A-826C-4374-A796-EF7A7CA2D88B.jpeg

135C9E4C-34F3-49E8-8D86-66C3C80F0EFF.jpeg

I hope the haven't botched it. They seem to be playing right into the opposition's hands with this argument:

"To the contrary, the only thing the ban contained in 114 ensures is that a criminal unlawfully carrying a firearm with a magazine over 10 rounds will have a potentially devastating advantage over his law-abiding victim."

So "standard capacity magazines" are more dangerous? Not the way I'd approach the issue, but what do I know? :s0092:
You might be reading too much into that. The way I read it, the criminal will have whatever magazine he wants while the law abiding citizen will be limited to 10 rounds. It's not that a magazine is more dangerous, it's that while being assaulted a criminal, being outgunned is more dangerous.

Next OR and WA will follow DC's example in overhauling the criminal code:

The D.C. Council unanimously approved changes to the city's criminal code, which would reduce maximum sentences for burglaries, carjackings, and robberies. It would also reduce penalties for illegal gun possession, including for carrying a pistol without a license and for being a felon in possession of a firearm.

You know, because it's about saving lives and social justice

It's not going to end until and unless we can keep pounding them back. If we can break 114 and show them that it's a waste of money to continue, we have a chance of slowing them down. As long as there are people engaged in deceit and outright lies, it's not going to change. They have no desire whatsoever to save the lives of children and are instead dancing in their blood to pursue their radical, selfish, and immature fight against objects instead of seeking real change. There should be no doubt in anyone's mind that evil does indeed exist and it has taken the form of false prophets.
Measure 114 was the chum. Now the gun grabbing sharks are going to pour money into Oregon full tilt.

As mentioned:

They're going after semiautomatic "assault" rifles next. And if it doesn't pass next year, they're pushing for it again the following year. They want more and won't stop. They openly admit it.
its easy when they have someone bankroling them paying them to fufuill their evil agenda......... where is the big money behind our cause to preserve America? Seriously where is it??? no one cares !! just us commoners ... no one else cares. Only thing we can really do is donate to the funds pushing back and we need to start doing more community engagement regarding guns. Stop hiding in your basement or thinking its a taboo subject. That's what we do when no talking to other gun people we treated as a taboo ... why? and the only very vocal ones in public are the crazy i'm goign to wear camo while going to the grocery store types.
It's time we involve communities, bring back kids competitive shooting and make it cool, make it normal.

its easy when they have someone bankroling them paying them to fufuill their evil agenda......... where is the big money behind our cause to preserve America? Seriously where is it??? no one cares !! just us commoners ... no one else cares. Only thing we can really do is donate to the funds pushing back and we need to start doing more community engagement regarding guns. Stop hiding in your basement or thinking its a taboo subject. That's what we do when no talking to other gun people we treated as a taboo ... why? and the only very vocal ones in public are the crazy i'm goign to wear camo while going to the grocery store types.
It's time we involve communities, bring back kids competitive shooting and make it cool, make it normal.
Agree. Everyone belongs to some religion or gene pool or social status that at some point in the last 100 years was the target of disorganized or organized persecution. We used to learn this in school.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top